You are not connected. Please login or register

Pond frogs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Pond frogs on Mon May 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
Wow, I have to admit, you lost me there......................

View user profile http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

27 Re: Pond frogs on Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
That was just a spammer, I banned him.

28 Update on frogs and pond. on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
Hi everyone, I hope everyone had an enjoyable and blesses Thanksgiving with family and friends. It's been awhile since I had a chance to sit down and get back into any of my social networking, here and other sites.

The three North Carolina bull frogs that I brought home as tad poles in the spring of 2010 are still around. Of course they are neatly tucked in somewhere near the pond for a long cold & wet winter here in the Northwest. During this last summer the three of them have grown quite a bit. One, the biggest has out grown the other two to about the size of my fist. Sometime in the middle of September 2011, the two smaller bull frogs became harder to spot, and I believe that the largest of the three started to get territorial. Up to that point they could be seen sitting near each other at the same side of the pond. After the latest late summer growth spirt in the big bull frog, the other two where getting real hard to find at the edge of the pond.

Around the middle of this last summer I experienced my first Grey Heron attack. I can't get over how bold these feathered critters are. In three days this thing cleaned out all of my Shubunkin's & Gold fish. I ended up building a half inch diameter PVC pipe frame 2 feet high, and 5 foot by 5 foot square. I painted it flat black to blend with the netting, and then I used bird netting. I anchored the netting with black zip ties and cut & bent in half metal coat hangers to stick into the ground around the pond. That put an end to the unwanted visits from this migrating grey heron.

I still haven't done a final fall cleaning of my pond & at this point I feel that i will just wait until early spring to clean and re-pot the pond plants.

I would like to wish everyone here a "MERRY CHRISTMAS", and a "HAPPY NEW YEAR". I'm not going going to giving in to the unwanted changes that the liberal anti-American's want to oppose on all of us. And if anyone is offended, it's me. This is a Christian founded nation, and I am proud of the fact that I am a CHRISTIAN, and an AMERICA loving PATRIOT. "May GOD bless America". ex[flag]

View user profile http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum