Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My friend Carol's pen pal/"Navy son"

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My friend Carol's pen pal/"Navy son" on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
A friend of mine (Carol) has a pen pal in the Navy and I thought I'd share this w/ you all:

Started out pen pal; now he is my "Navy son"

From my "Navy son"

Hey look its me I know I have a mask on but it keeps me from getting a raccoon tan and it blocks the heat from the jet blast on my face. Me and a few other guys went out and got this black kind of spandex like material and cut it to fit it works great. Anyway if you look at the deck there’s a white square painted on it. That’s where a stair way or (ladder) is to get to the catwalk and drop down to get off the deck so during start up we stand safety’s by them when they are under or near the back of the jet so no one comes up and gets hit buy the exhaust from the start up unit. On the bottom of the jet ( Auxiliary Power Unit ) its kind of like a mini turbine engine used to start the main engines. Anyway thought you all might enjoy the pic. It was taken by someone on the ship and they sent it to me. Anyway after this port I should be able to send you all some more pics of me and what we’re doing out here. Talk to ya all soon.

Carol wrote:
Brauck is currently stationed on board the only forward deployed aircraft carrier USS George Washington (CVN 73) out of Japan. Due to security issues I think it's best not to mention his name. Thanks for your understanding. It will probably be 6 months before he writes back home like that. He's currently out to sea, that's why the photo. Let me tell you it was thrilling to say the least.

zone 7
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum