Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

LORD PROP US UP

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 LORD PROP US UP on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:37 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I know some of you are going through some rough patches lately so please know that this prayer goes out to you………….

LORD, PROP US UP...

Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, 'Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side.' After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.

He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this.... I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time; it's withstood a lot of weather; it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years.

It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit.

So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall.

Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn.. I've been around a long time..

I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side, 'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times.

Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't . So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord.''

If you stare at this barn for a second you will see who will help us stand straight and tall again..Do You See HIM?

"In God we trust!"

zone 7
View user profile

2 Re: LORD PROP US UP on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Thanks, I needed that.

Yesterday we spent several hours weeding the landscaping at our empty parsonage. Our church has recently gone through what I see as a severe problem. Many long time members left. They of course were the "givers and doers". So I was depressed most of the time we worked there on the other side of the parking lot from the church.

Then I came home and saw that my daughter in law had posted a comment on Facebook about being unhappy with a certain someone. Then a guy replied to it that she needed to tell her husband, (my stepson)the loser, to get off his lazy @$$ and get a job and stop living off unemployment. Called him a worthless baby because he doesn't have a full time job and hasn't for almost two years. The company he was with went under and Ken was left without a job. Construction in Michigan is about nil. He keeps house, takes care of her 9 year old daughter and if he gets a chance to build a deck or pole barn, he does. Ken is almost the sweetest guy that I know next to his dad. He lived with us for about 7 years.

I was so furious that Tammie would let that guy talk about her husband like that on an open forum where Ken could see it, her kids could see it, their relatives could see it and friends could see it. Another thing that made me furious was that she obviously has been talking to this guy and telling him things about her and Ken's private life. I called Pete in and read it all to him and was bawling before it was done. I sent a message to the guy and advised him to not be venturing opinions about someone he didn't know and when it wasn't any of his business. He told me he was trying to "help things along" seeing the family doesn't do anything. I don't know what he expects the family to do. I told him that a winner (which seemed to be what he considered himself) doesn't do rude things like this on a public forum and give further injury to the marriage of a couple that is struggling.
So when I went to bed I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up. Couple of mosquitoes had gotten in and bitten me so had to get up and use the Stop Itch stuff.
Then this morning we went back over to the parsonage and worked about 5 more hours. I'm beat. But this leaning barn really hit the spot. Thanks for helping prop up this old leaning barn.

3 Re: LORD PROP US UP on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Sorry you are getting hit w/ strife and turmoil that creates emotional havoc on your spirit Esther. We all need to be propped up now and then til we are mended. Just when we think we are all healed up we get whacked again. Guess we need to keep our crutch close at hand so we don't fall too badly. Even if we do we will always know that He is there to lift us up again if we only ask

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum