Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody got any cool spider pictures?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

We have a gob of spiders like the one in the top picture outside all around the house. I have to watch where I'm walking so I don't end up with one of them in my face. I cut the lawn last week and ended up with three spider bite welts on my back. Some of those buggers are as big around as my thumb nail.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Sorry Janice. I don't want to talk about them. Don't like them much that are 1/4" or larger. I let them live when they are outside but they better watch out if they are in the house or garage. Slimey, furry, hairy, skin, feathered, scaled, things don't bother me at all.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Spiders can be beautiful and they are helpful little critters. They kill a lot of harmful bugs. BUT, I don't want them IN my house!

4Anybody got any cool spider pictures? Empty Re: Anybody got any cool spider pictures? Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

A flash from the past. I remember doing a boilogy/art project back when I was in junior high school that I feel motivated to share. About this time of the year back in the early 60's I used white spray paint and black construction paper to create a preserved picture of spider webs. Removing the spider first, I would lightly sprayed the white paint on the web until looked like beaded dew on each web. then, carefully lay the black construction paper up onto the web being careful not to snear or distort the image. I turned in a large variety of interesting patterns and spider web shapes to the biology teacher for assignment. Got an A+ for creativity and preserving the spiders handy work.

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

JW, the procedure is really simple. The spider web is usually vertical. Applying the spray paint is the simple part. Lifting the black paper up into the web without smearing the wet paint can be a bit tricky, one of those things where you have to hold just right. You had to know my Dad to appreciate that one. It's almost a three handed trick, but with some practice it will all come together. Simply hold the paper vertically hold with both hands using your finger tips at the two top corners, and gently move the paper forward into the web. You will end up getting some white paint on your fingers, but not much. These days we have access to rubber gloves. I have to admit, getting the spider to abandon his web isn't easy. They really don't like giving up their home without a fight.

Good luck and have fun. ex[scared]

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm just guessing but, it looks to me like a female that's full of eggs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum