You are not connected. Please login or register

Please pray for my son's girlfriend, Lydia

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please pray for my son's girlfriend, Lydia on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:35 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Please pray for Lydia.
I received this from my son this morning and I haven't talked to them yet and I will later this morning when they are awake but this is what is happening:
Lydia has had clear liquid coming from her sinuses for 2 months. She went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and they said it was an infection. So she took some antibiotics. The pills didn't change a thing so we went back today and they preformed a 3D cat scan of her head and said she possibly has a fractured sinus cavity deep in her brain which might be leaking brain fluid into her sinuses and out her nose. They worry about meningitis. Which can be deadly.
Anyway the follow up doctor has to run more tests to be sure. So please say a prayer.
Thanks, love Ethan

zone 7
View user profile

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Prayers sent.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Yes, praying for Lydia. Meningitis killed my baby about 32 years ago.

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Oh Esther that is so sad. We are hoping that it's not a crack in her scull and it's just a bad sinus situation. She did hit her head in August while skate boarding. They told her to take her temperature often and if it goes above normal to get into the hospital. This has been going on for 2 months now and they thought it was a sinus infection but the antibiotics didn't work. Now they are trying other antibiotics and she has an appt next Thursday to have radioactive dye injected into her head. The neurologist doesn't think it's a crack in her sinus cavity but another doc does so we shall see and hope for the best outcome.

zone 7
View user profile

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Prayers going up, JW. Hopefully it is something the doctors can fix.

View user profile

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Just got a call from my son Ethan and she went in for her appt. today instead of waiting til Thursday and they say that they do believe Lydia has a small crack in her skull but.......................................the good news is that they say w/ no strenuous activity and continuing on w/ the antibiotics to prevent infection that it should heal up on it's own like any other bone in our body in time. So they don't have to take any other measures at this time. They will watch the drainage from her nose and look at her again soon to see how it's healing but it should be less and less drainage as it heals. PRAISE THE LORD! and thank you all for your prayers. It is a happy day for us here today!

P.S she is selling her skateboard (long board I guess is the correct term). In case I didn't tell everyone she hit the back of her head in August and that is how they think it all started. Ethan says he will continue long boarding but he will get a helmet now
ex[thumbup]

zone 7
View user profile

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
That's good to hear, JW! Glad that's all it turned out to be.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum