Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Esther needs our prayers

+3
bullfrog
rosebud
fishlipsmcgee
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Sending prayers for speedy healing, Esther. I hope you are out of pain soon. :[IMG]/sHa_comf We miss you.

2Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:40 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I will surely pray that they are able to help her!

3Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Prayers coming your way every day.

4Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Cool Chools

Me, too.

5Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:17 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Ditto!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

6Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Mrs. Peepers

I'll surely say a prayer for you Esther
neck pain is a pain in the neck (maybe laughter can help)

7Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Keep praying guys. Either it isn't working or the chiropractor didn't help. Well he really did but by evening, the pain comes back. The spasms have let up a lot though in my arm. Turns out though that the anti spasm stuff gives me dry mouth.

I had to go over to the duplex to yell at a tenant and her friends. It was 1:00 and the music could be heard a block away. Have you ever tried to yell when your tongue was stuck to the roof of your mouth?

Turns out it is the antispasm meds. So tonight I just took the pain pill, seeing the spasms have pretty much stopped.

8Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:53 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Wow Esther, they probably though "she was stoned and came and fussed at us?" I drove straight in from Dallas once and was leaned on the center armrest most of the way home. The next day I could barely move my back was so stoved up, it hurt for days. Hopefully this will pass soon as we miss you here.

9Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:10 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Esther let the police handle noise complaints. People are crazy. If they get mad at you they might decide to do something to ruin the property. Also, if they were that loud there was probably a lot of drinking going on and sometimes that's how people/landlords get shot. Pick up the phone next time and stay home and safe. ex[cop]

10Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:44 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

How is the neck today, Esther? Any better?

11Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Yes, bit by bit it is getting better but sitting at the computer my neck doesn't like, AT ALL. Went to back cracker again this morning.

Tenants were outside around a fire pit Saturday night. Their neighbor across the street, called so Pete went over, about 10:30. Then somebody must have called the police on them. The police can't do anything because this duplex is in the country and there is no "ordinance" there. Then I got another call about midnight. So I got dressed and went over. I went passed the house and up the hill and turned around and parked part way down the hill. I got out of the car and the music was so loud it sounded like it was RIGHT there. I drove on down and into their yard. I walked up and yelled for them to "turn it down". Eventually Julie came out and we had a little yelling match, she swearing and me not. She said, "It's Saturday night." As if you have to be quiet during the week but not on Saturday. Evidently they left it turned down after that as I didn't get another call. They have been served an eviction notice and are supposed to be out by the 17th. We'll see.

12Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Just realized I hadn't said much about this for a while and needed to thank those who have prayed for me. I now have had 10 appointments with my new best friend, Dr. Kline. LOL. My neck is 100% better but the problem has kind of moved down my back to the groin on my left leg. It kind of comes and goes but is very painful to walk on at times. At least I don't have a problem when I sit or lay.

As for the tenants, they are 99% moved out. They recently did some shingling to work off their rent and said they'd lay any carpet we needed for the rest of the rent they owe. Can't beat that.

13Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:28 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Prayers being sent your way Esther. I hope your troubles will soon be a memory.

14Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:58 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Out my big toe. LOL.

I don't know if we'll have trouble finding tenants or not in this weather. We have had changes at all different times of the year but never in the deep snow.

These idiot people had promised to do the shingling clear last early fall and put it off so now they get to do it in freezing weather. Luckily it is just a little entrance into the walk out basement in the back about 6' x 4' with a peak roof. Somehow when the house was reroofed, they didn't do that little thing. I can't help but wonder how the shingles act when they are bent to put on the very top. I would think they would break. We'll see.

15Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:41 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Esther, you use a razor knife and cut the shingles where the tab slots are and then fold them over the ridge overlapping like the scales on a fish. Unless the pitch is very severe, they won't break.

16Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I just thought in the cold they might tend to be more brittle. Most roofers tend to shy away from roof work in this weather. Imagine going up and down an aluminum ladder after tramping through snow and working on a roof in 20 degree weather...!! Fortunately this roof is not very big but still-------

17Esther needs our prayers Empty Re: Esther needs our prayers Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:57 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Cutting the ridge caps should be done inside if it is that cold. Spread them out and let them warm up. As you cut them you can lay them out as if they were on the ridge so you will know when you have enough. Just cover the colored part and overlap a little where the shingle turns black and the tacky spots are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum