Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Landscaping your pond.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Landscaping your pond. on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
In the years past I have seen many pics of man made ponds in a wide variety of settings. The ponds that I like the best are the ones that look like they weren't man made. The ones that look like they were formed by nature. Due to the limited space and money, mine isn't one of them.

That being said, regardless of what someones pond looks like, it's still their own creation. I enjoy the idea of sitting out in the back next to my pond with a cup of coffee in my hand watch my Shubunikn's watch me. They know who I am, and what I do. I am the provider that sustains their little world, and that makes me feel good to know they are well cared for. Day by day, and season by seasonal change, my pond and fish adapt to the changes, and it evovles in appearance according to each season.

Happy new year.

View user profile http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

2 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:42 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well you need a great big hot coffee and some blankets wrapped around you like a tee pee if your sitting out by your pond today.............and put on your ice skates too ex[brrrrr]

zone 7
View user profile

3 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
I woke up to some sun this morning. So I bundled u and went outside and sat next to my pond with a hot cup of coffee and watched my fish pudder around in the pond. The sun is out today here in the northwest and the weather dudette says it should get up into the high 50's F. We'll see. It's only 44 dgrees F right now, but it feels warmer sitting in the sun. Enjoy you fish, and happy ponding.

4 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:38 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Twas very nice here today like you said Rich and we got our cans, bottles, cardboard etc. recycled,made a trip to Costco and took a walk to the river and the sun shone the whole day and didn't even need a coat on sunny clapping

zone 7
View user profile

5 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 am

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Going to be a beautiful day here today too! I think I'll go for a walk and, later on, work in my rose garden. sunny Why is it the frost kills the plant leaves but the weeds continue to thrive!

View user profile

6 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well Rosebud I guess it's cuz we aren't satisfied w/ the plants that are hardy in our area's to begin with and so we go abroad and bring back all these pretty plants that do well where they come from but don't have exactly everything to their liking at our place and so on it goes. We spend our money, the nursery's get rich, we get poor and the plants die and the circle continues. That's my version anyways ex[dunno

zone 7
View user profile

7 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
My roses aren't dead, they just go dormant in the winter. But the weeds are really getting ahead of me in the garden! I worked a little while today, but I hardly made a dent in it! ex[farmer]

View user profile

8 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I've been trying to keep up with them too but I have this one area that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of control. One day I will drag my milk carton crate out and set my cushion on it and just move around from one foot to the next till I get it done. By the time I get done I will have to start all over again

zone 7
View user profile

9 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 am

gardening and ponding are about as far away as North Pole from here.
We got hit with 20 inches of snow 2 days ago followed by bitter cold....10 below zero with wind chills in the 35 below zero range.
Our bulldog Chuck went out and tried to walk over the frozen pond but it wasn't quite froze so he broke through and got soaked. By the time we got him back in the house he had turned bright pink Then within 10 minutes he was ready to go back out and play in the snow again
Spring feels a looong way off at this point

View user profile

10 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:02 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Good to see you posting again Freddie.
I've heard how horrible your weather is back there. It's all over the news here of course. I feel so bad for all the poor cold people back there.
And poor Chuck...........prolly gave him a real adrenalin rush

zone 7
View user profile

11 Re: Landscaping your pond. on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
I'm JW, I feel bad for all of the east coasters and all that snow.

I dad & mom where born & raised in Aberdeen, SD, and dad used to say, 'you don't hace to shovel rain'. He was glad to settle down out here in the northwest after WWII. ex[flag]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum