Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Racoons on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

JW,

Your right about the rascals.

Happy ponding,

Rich ex[giggle]

27 Pond on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Esther wrote:Rich, I just visited your yard and pond. Buttons was a little suspicious of me but when I said it was OK because I have a poodle too, then it was OK.

Thanks Esther, Mr. Buttons was a freebee at two weeks old. We had to bottle feed him until he was about month old. We have never bonded with a dog like this one. He's part of the family for sure.

Happy ponding,

Rich

28 Re: Darn Raccoons on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:25 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
OldMarine wrote:I know this is cruel, but I couldn't stop laughing, and I enjoy seeing the squirrels ruuning across my yard to the neighbors tree.

www.how_to_keep_squirrels_off_your_deck.wmv

I tried to view the squirrels video but it just went to a page that said Open DNS and said squirrel wasn't loading. es[uhuh]

zone 7
View user profile

29 squirrels on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 pm

JW,

Sorry, somethings not working right. If you manualy type the in using the underscore btween the words it will work. I recieved that as a email, and couldn't figure out how to cut and paste that.

Happy ponding,

30 Really squirrelie on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Okay JW, lets try this one.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

31 Re: Darn Raccoons on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I hope the poor thing wasn't hurt. I didn't like that video. That guy was a meany es[uhuh]

zone 7
View user profile

32 Squirrels on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 am

JW,

I agree, launching squirrels could be rather crewl. I'm sure they thouhgt twice before coming back.

We have several neighborhood squirrels that venture through our yard. They don't stick around long because don't feed our dog outside. Our Pastor has one that visits them when they are out on their deck. Pastor Bill says that their resident squirrel will get up on their laps and eat out their hand.

Happy ponding,

Rich ex[naughty] ex[frog]

33 Re: Darn Raccoons on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
When my son lived in town, they had gobs of squirrels and one in particular had managed to figure out how to jump over from a small sapling near it and shinny up the pipe he had the bird feeder mounted on. So he took some grease and put it on the pipe. He said it was so funny when the squirrel jumped over and tried to grip the pipe, he slid down in slow motion.

I put ear corn out on a L shaped thing my husband made. He put a 3-4" deck screw up through one side and we screw the ear down. That way the squirrel doesn't take the whole ear and we get to watch him eat. The L shaped thing is attached to the tree.

My stepson is going to make me one of those squirrel feeders that has a 1 gallon glass jar attached to a feeder and he has to get in the feeder to get to the food.

We have a resident furry squirrel chaser with four legs. He has a fit when he sees the squirrels come on the deck. One older squirrel will sit right there and try to get at the suet block in the suet cage. Smokey has a fit at the patio door and the squirrel just keeps on working. The rest will run off right away.

34 Squirrels on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Tha t sounds like fun. I have seen a variety of different squirrels feeders at stores. I'll have to make a one like yours, and sit and watch the antics.

Happy ponding,

Rich ex[giggle]

35 Re: Darn Raccoons on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Here's a video of a twirly gadget to keep squirrels from eating all your birds seed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIp7V7VcCX8
I think Esther better get to work on replicating this one ex[giggle]

Or this one............these squirrels must be totally frustrated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou3OVqlSrZ0

Last edited by jw on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

zone 7
View user profile

36 Dizzy squirrels on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 pm

JW,

That's a great one. They may get a nibble or two, but they might too dizzy to find their way home.

Happy ponding,

Rich

37 Re: Darn Raccoons on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 am

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
A couple of friends and myself were standing out in the back yard next to pond yesterday and the heron question came up. So far I have not had any visits from any heron, and we all agreed it is because of the incloser of six foot fence and all of the overhead wires. We have power line, and phone lines that every which way across the back yard and over the pond. We concluded that if a heron did manage to land, the critter would not be able to take off quickly if it had to.

Happy ponding,

View user profile http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

38 Re: Darn Raccoons on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:50 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Sounds plausible to me unless he walks in and out and knows how to open your gate ex[giggle]

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum