Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

2 Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
That's wonderful news fishlips..........the conditions they live in and the way they race them is unbearable and pure torture for those poor loving animals. I hope they rid it in every state in the country ex[fan] Good for you for adopting them away from that horrible life :[IMG]http://i2

zone 7
View user profile

3 Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
When I am out with my dog people stop and tell me how nice it was that I rescued her. I always tell them that I am the lucky one. She is such a wonderful and loving girl. The breed is not for everyone. They are very quiet and probably won't play fetch but they are so loving and I think grateful for a home. They have never been in a home envrionment before or known love. They were raised on puppy farms and then lived in a kennel envrionment. It is amazing that thay make such wonderful, loving pets. If anyone is interested in adopting a greyhound I recommend reading these books. They were required by my adoption group and actually very interesting and easy reading. I especially liked the Dummies book.
Adopting A Racing Greyhound, by Cynthia A. Bran
Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies, by Lee Livingood
Child-Proofing Your Dog, by Brian Kilcommons

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

4 Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Thought I'd put this under your Greyhound post fishlips: http://www.greatpetnet.com/630/jasmine-the-mother-theresa-greyhound/ It's a nice story ex[nod] I checked it out on Snopes.com and it's true.

zone 7
View user profile

5 Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Thanks, JW. I worked with a man who adopted a greyhound who was found muzzled so it couldn't eat and locked in a barn to starve to death as Jasmine was. I have heard so many sad stories about how these dogs are disposed of after they stop winning races. It's hard to believe that in this day and age that we treat animals this way.

View user profile

6 Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:45 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Why do those people get animals? It can't be cause they have any love for them. It takes a sicko kind of person to do that to a poor defenseless animal. They should be treated as they treated their pet when thrown in a jail.

Hey I like your Thanksgiving avatar fishlips ex[happy]

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum