Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meteor shower

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meteor shower Empty Meteor shower Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:56 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

GEMINID METEOR SHOWER: This weekend, Earth will pass through a stream of debris from extinct comet 3200 Phaethon, source of the annual Geminid meteor shower. Forecasters expect more than 100 meteors per hour to fly out of the constellation Gemini when the shower peaks on Dec. 13th and 14th. For most observers, the best time to look will be from 10 pm local time on Sunday night to dawn on Monday morning. Visit http://spaceweather.com for photos, a sky map, and live audio from a meteor radar.

2Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:19 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thanks! I hope I remember to look on Sunday night.

3Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Fishlips, just be sure to bundle up when you go out! I hope our skies are clear so we can see it, but I don't hold much hope for that.

4Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

We are presently getting much needed rain but hopefully we will see something through scattered clouds on Sunday......hopefully....

5Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:27 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

rosebud wrote:Fishlips, just be sure to bundle up when you go out! I hope our skies are clear so we can see it, but I don't hold much hope for that.

Rats! I just checked the forecast for Sunday night:

25-28 degrees with freezing rain turning in to snow. Good thing you posted that link to watch, Rosebud. It sounds like I might not see much in the sky around here except snow.

6Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

bad weather prevented any sightings for us last night, besides it was kinda cold and no where near as fun as the shower this past summer where we relaxed in lounge chairs out by the pond listening to the waterfall and I saw over 75 shooting stars before I dozed off to sleep

7Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I was outside at about 1am this morning and I saw several shooting stars. It was chilly and I was tired and after about 15 minutes a warm bed sounded pretty attractive.....

8Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:32 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

We had heavy fog last night. It always seems like something happens to prevent our seeing the meteor showers. One of these days I might get to see some. I've watched a lot of lunar eclipes and even a comet once. That comet was so beautiful! Just looking up at that sky leaves me in awe of the power of God! Hey! It's raining and the sun is out! I'm gonna go see if I can find a rainbow!
:[IMG]/storm9.g sunny

9Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:05 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Missed it ex[taz] ex[stormcloud]

10Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Heavy fog blanketed by a haze of rum and 7, no meteors here either.

11Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

bullfrog wrote:Heavy fog blanketed by a haze of rum and 7, no meteors here either.

ex[lol27]

12Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:37 pm

I can't remember the last time the sun was out. It's been either foggy or rainy for what seems like forever! I think I'm getting a case of SAD!

13Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Off the subject, MJ, but I love that quilt in your avatar! Is it one you made?

14Meteor shower Empty Re: Meteor shower Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:59 pm

That is just one block. It's a very complicated paper pieced block done in spiral. You cut the spriral, sew each little piece to the paper starting at the middle. Once all the fabric is sewn to the paper you lay it flat and zigzag it all back together and applique a circle in the middle. Needless to say I did 5 blocks and it went to live in it's own little plastic box on a shelf. Someday it might see the light of day again but who knows when LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum