Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My son and me

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 My son and me on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:40 pm

texasjoe

Just wanted everyone to know that my son, that I have not seen as his father, who is in the air force in Oklahoma City called me wednesday night and told me that he was coming down to see me this weekend. Needless to say, I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. He got to leave about 3pm today, Friday, and should get here about 1am in the morning. I have waited 20 years for this day to come when I would finally get to see and get to know my son. He will only be down here for about 3 days but I plan to make the most of it.

View user profile

2 Re: My son and me on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:11 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
That's terrific texasjoe and I hope you have a wonderful time w/ your son. I have looked for my father but haven't found him. I did find my mother and my half sister and finding my sister was a wonderful surprise cuz I never knew I had a sis and she's the best ex[hooray]

zone 7
View user profile

3 Re: My son and me on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Prayers for a joyous reunion, Tesas Joe. I hope this is the start of a wonderful, ongoing relationship.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

4 Re: My son and me on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Yes, Joe, I too hope it turns out very well for you both. But I worry that it might not as you two haven't ever known each other. There are those "Locater" shows on TV now and they always turn out looking like these people connect like they have always known each other and they get along great right from the "getgo". I can't quite believe they have 100% success. But on the other hand I shouldn't be suspicious I guess.

My DH went to live with his adopted parents at the age of 2 days. He was placed by an "unwed" mother's home. His parents loved him dearly and were the best of parents. He has had thoughts when we are out in public like, "That woman could be my mom." But other than stray thoughts like that, he's never really considered looking. Sometimes when medical people ask questions about his medical history though, it does point out how much of "you" is connected to someone in your past and he doesn't know who.

5 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:08 am

texasjoe

I appreciate all of the good wishes that ya'll are offering me. My son and I have talked on the phone almost every weekend since I have found him. From the beginning, he has called me "dad". The only problem that I can foresee is that he sounds alot like me....i.e.....strong willed, hard headed and, possibly, a little stubborn. (The poor kid even looks like me.) *lol* I have the faith and the determination to do whatever it takes to make this a beginning...and not just a single visit.

View user profile

6 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I'm really happy for you Joe, don't sweat it, you both ay be a little nervous at first but that is normal. Everything is gonna be alright. We want pictures, this isn't the KFDM forum, you can show your face here.

7 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:59 am

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Joe, I'm so excited and happy for you! I'm sure everything is going to be great. Like Bullfrog said, you will both probably be a little nervous at first, but things will warm up! Be sure to take pictures. And, tell him we all said, welcome to the family! Just grab him and give him a big hug from you and us too!

View user profile

8 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Wonder if they've met yet. Boy imagine having 20 years to catch up on.. Hope it's going well.

9 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:31 pm

texasjoe

Everything is going great....so far. I took him out and bought him a digital camera for christmas. I plan to take many pictures and I promise to share with all of you. Thanks again for all the good wishes, my friends.

View user profile

10 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:51 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
That's just wonderful news Joe and oh boy we do wanna see pictures :[IMG]/camera7. Have a nice visit with your son Joe and many more :[IMG]2thumbs01

zone 7
View user profile

11 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:21 pm

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Great News.

12 Re: My son and me on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:02 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
See, Joe! We knew things would be okay! You enjoy y'all's visit and then come tell us all about it!

View user profile

13 Re: My son and me on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:59 pm

texasjoe

Frog....HOW do you put pics on this page?????

View user profile

14 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:27 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
TexasJoe

1. upload the pictures onto your PC

2. Navigate to the picture you want to post and write it down, such as "Joe's Pictures" Folder 12/21/09 123jpg.

3. Go to photobucket.com and open a free account.

4. You will see an "upload picture" bar, click on it and navigate to where yout picture is stored.

5. double click on the pic and it will upload.

6. When the picture loads hit "Return to album" and upload another or all you want to.

7. When you put your mouse over the one you want several tags will appear under it, choose the one that starts with "Img" and right click, it should highlight.

8. Go to the top of your screen and click on "Edit" then "Copy."

9. Come here, put your mouse where you want the pic and at the top of your screen click "Edit" then "Paste" and your picture is here. Print this out, after just a few you will memorize it.

15 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Oh good, that means he's working on it.

16 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:33 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Is there a way on this forum to download a picture from our computer? If there is, I haven't figured it out. The only way I have found to post pictures is the way that bullfrog suggested.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

17 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
I suspect that the cheaper the forum, the fewer bells and whistles.

18 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I have to send mine to Photo Bucket and that's the only way I know how to do it from here, sorry ex[dunno

zone 7
View user profile

19 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
fishlipsmcgee wrote:Is there a way on this forum to download a picture from our computer? If there is, I haven't figured it out. The only way I have found to post pictures is the way that bullfrog suggested.

No forum I've ever been on can download one from your PC, an avatar yes but not a picture.

20 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Guess I was thinking of Facebook. We can download direct from our computer there. Also American Ponders will let you if the picture is within their posted sizes.

21 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm

texasjoe

Frog, it wants me to sign up for an offer and I am not doing that. They want my credit card info in order to start my free account.

Last edited by texasjoe on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

22 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
HUH? Photobucket? I don't pay for mine. Wonder if they have changed things.

Will go to your Facebook. UM, do you realize how many of them there are in FB??

23 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

texasjoe

Yes, mam.....Photobucket wants you to sign up for one of several "free" offers to use their site for free and each of those "free" offers want credit card info. Just a bunch of BS, if you ask me.

View user profile

24 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:51 pm

texasjoe

Trying

Last edited by texasjoe on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

25 Re: My son and me on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:26 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
That must be something new with Photo Bucket. I have an account there and they have never asked me for that kind of information. wouldn't do them any good. I don't have credit cards!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum