Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:31 pm

We hosted the smushie club last August and I promised jw some pictures and now I'm finally posting them
This is Pugslie

plenty of "Butt-sniffing"

Mack the English Bulldog

Daisey the Boston Terrier

Enjoying the day

Chuck in the garden...He knows better than to go in there

Chuck with his Lotus

View user profile

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Great pictures, I dig dogs.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Looks like fun.

4 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
What a nice group of good looking dogs they are ex[pug] Thanks for putting those up Freddie. I bet your smushie faced club parties are a dog gone fun thing to see ex[partydog] What kinda dog is Chuck............he's cool ex[cool]

zone 7
View user profile
Chuck is an Olde English Bulldogge.
The breed was the original "bullfighting" dog.
I guess that was a popular sport back in England in the 1800's
I did a little reading on it and it was a brutal "sport" where the dog would try to attack a bull and bite down on the bull's face and nose in order to suffocate the bull
The people kept trying to breed a dog with a shorter and shorter nose with all of their "bulk" in the front end of the dog's body so that once the dog clamped down on the bull's nose the bull wouldn't have as much leverage that was needed to toss the dog off as the bull was spinning in place.
Olde English Bulldogges are not a breed that is recognized by the AKC, so not many people have heard of them. Chuck is a wonderful dog, smart as a whip and very friendly. He loves to train and can do several tricks like roll over and "high 5"
He doesn't need to be put on a leash in the yard because he never leaves "his" territory,so he just goes outside whenever he wants and comes back and sits at the door waiting to come back in. I would recommend this breed to anyone that is considering a bull dog because they don't have the health issues of an English Bulldog or get as large as an American Bulldog, but at 80 pounds is still a pretty big dog

View user profile

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Man, a dog against a big huge bull..........yikes I don't think I'd wanna see that at all. Too much blood and guts and so sad for both the dog and the bull. I don't like mistreatment of any kinds of animals one bit. Chuck is a dog that looks like he just chills out a lot. I was at a fireworks show in Seattle one year and the guy next to me had an American Bulldog and he was huge but he practically sat on my lap the whole time. He was sooooooooooo laid back and sweet. I wanted to take him home w/ me. The guy gave me his card as he raises them but we decided not to get another dog as DH is going to retire soon and we want to travel. Maybe when we get old and grey and don't travel much anymore we will consider another dog. Until then I will look forward to hearing your stories and seeing your pics of man's best friend.
Here is my best friend I had for 12 yrs.........Good ole Zekerdog:

He jumped in this huge crate we had full of aluminum cans for recycling and just sat in there all calm like he knew what he was doing:

Last edited by jw on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

zone 7
View user profile

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Beautiful dogs - I love them all

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
OK, ya'll aren't helping my hankerin' for a doggie! ex[cry]

If I could afford it, I'd have enough room to take in all the dogs in our area!! I LOVE doggies!!! I guess I've even always sided with the "underdogs", and I seem to gravitate toward squishie faces! I've had 2 Boston Terriers, a Boxer, 3 Chows, 1 Dachschund, many, many Pit Bulls, and numerous other mixes.

I JUST WANT A DOGGIE!!! ex[cry7]

Oh, and Freddie, yours are beuatiful! ex[nod]

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

9 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:15 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well here's Loonie the big lovable one, all of the kids in the neighborhood love Loonie. She is an Italiano Spimano, bred for assisting Game wardens apprehend poachers in England. Very laid back but you don't ever want to see her riled.

Freeway, our deaf cat. My wife came upon several dead kittens on the highway, someone had just dumped them. This one little white kitten was left. My wife "Kitty Kittied" a lot and finally caught her. She found out that all white cats with blue eyes are deaf and Freeway couldn't hear her calling.

Garfield, the big orange one laying on his momma Sheba and the Rita rescue cat Bogard.

Location, location, location. Here's Bogard.

Garfield, gold eyes on an orange cat.

He keeps stray dogs out of the yard. That dog is catching third gear and burning rubber.

Vicki's old chinchilla Cleopatra..

Her man..

Spook

Takoda when he was a pup, he is huge now.

Takoda and Nahi, we kept both of them and they are inseparable now.

10 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:30 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
You have a lot of beautiful animals Bullfrog. I have two black cats like Bogard and one orange/white feral cat Lucy who must be around 15 yrs old by now. I had to grab her fast when I had the moment so as to get her indoors for the winter or I was afraid she would die out in the cold. I'll put her out again as the weather warms up as she doesn't know anything but outdoors and isn't real happy inside. Although she seems like it's not bothering her too much this year, I guess cuz she knows her days are numbered and warmth on her ole bones feels nice.

zone 7
View user profile

11 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
I too loved the pictures of your pets. LOL @ Garfield and mesmerized by the blue eyes of the white cat and dogs.

We have had lots of different pets down through the years. With kids, it's hard to get out of it. So canaries, parakeets, hamsters, guinea pigs(two of them mated and then we had three), chameleons (from Florida. One was pregnant and laid eggs. We tried to keep the babies alive by hatching fruitflies to feed them but eventually the babies died), Cockatiel, hedgehogs, 3 poodles, and several cats. And fish, how could I forget the fish, Koi, goldfish, and Wakins.

These are my current pets. Smokey is a silver miniature poodle, 5 1/2 years old. We got him from a breeder in Indiana.

Here they are sharing some salad. Mittens is a little younger than Smokey and we got him from the vet. I guess you'd call that a rescue. Actually, the two of them get along very well even though that first picture doesn't look like it.

12 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:54 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Sweet pets too Esther.

zone 7
View user profile

13 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:34 am

very cool pets everyone

View user profile

14 Re: Smushie-faced dog club summer extravaganza on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:32 pm

I've noticed that the "bully breeds" tend to be very popular these days. Can't tell you how many people in my 'hood have pugs, Boston's, boxers, or bulldogs.

About the fighting bulldogs - Even though they keep their physical appearance, I wonder if the "fight" has been bred out of them. Everyone mentions the sweet disposition, and I can't imagine one charging at a bull.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum