Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Woo Hooo!!!

+3
Esther
Freddie Peepers
bullfrog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Woo Hooo!!! Empty Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:32 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Amazon is having an unpublished book contest. Top prize is $15,000.00 and your book published by Penguin Books!

2Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

good luck man
ex[pirate]

3Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'll be happy if it just gets noticed.

Last edited by bullfrog on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

4Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Is it ready to publish? Go for it!!

5Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:07 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Almost, the story is complete, just doing the editing.

6Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Even if I don't "win" the grand prize there is a chance that the publishers will be interested.

Maybe...

I hope.

7Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Looking forward to saying, "I knew Bullfrog when he was just an aspiring writer."

8Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:41 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

And some of us will be able to say that we were his proof readers!!
ex[happy] ex[nod]

9Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Good Luck to you, Bullfrog. I just started the story and haven't gotten that far into but it looks like a winner to me. ex[fan]

10Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

fishlipsmcgee wrote:Good Luck to you, Bullfrog. I just started the story and haven't gotten that far into but it looks like a winner to me. ex[fan]

Thanks Fishlips. I believe that it gets better toward the end. We are coming to the last three chapters. Wedding.. Betrayal.. and Enter the Lion's Den.

It has been a long time in the making with a lot of encouraging words from my friends here.

11Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I wondered about having someone who is good with grammar and spelling, to read and edit it. Or maybe a lit teacher could read it with an eye to getting it published. It seems like someone who isn't part of your life should run through it and see if there are any glaring errors.

Yesterday I was watching a 1 hour comedy show. This couple was painting a room and had never painted before. They of course were making all kinds of dumb mistakes and having to figure out the right way to do things or correct their errors. Somewhere along the line she shoves the door shut. He screams not to close it because he had taken the knob off. Supposedly it was now latched and they couldn't open it. So there hangs the door with a hole in it where the knob had been and (HUH??) they couldn't get it open. I wondered what on earth was holding it shut if there wasn't a latch.

12Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Friends are helping me edit it and when sumitted that's what the professional editors are for. To correct grammar and syntax, polish the rough edges and embellish on the original idea. My favorite author, Nelson Demille can't even type. He writes all of his novels freehand and it is then transcribed by another. He is brilliant though.

13Woo Hooo!!! Empty Whoo Hoo Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

wolfmom

wolfmom

Bullfrog, your story is great, I can't wait to read more every day. Don't let this be your only journey into writing, you are so good at it and I'm sure there are many more stories in that great brain of yours. Keep up the good work and I'm rooting for you.

14Woo Hooo!!! Empty Re: Woo Hooo!!! Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Yesterday I was watching a 1 hour comedy show. This couple was painting a room and had never painted before. They of course were making all kinds of dumb mistakes and having to figure out the right way to do things or correct their errors. Somewhere along the line she shoves the door shut. He screams not to close it because he had taken the knob off. Supposedly it was now latched and they couldn't open it. So there hangs the door with a hole in it where the knob had been and (HUH??) they couldn't get it open. I wondered what on earth was holding it shut if there wasn't a latch.[/quote]

On the old style doors, you can remove just the knob. The old knobs didn't have a lock in them. I live in a house that was built in the late 30s. The only doors with locks in them were the front & back doors. The inside doors just had knobs. There wasn't even a lock on the bathroom door!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]