Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any Bloggers here?

+3
bullfrog
rosebud
Bartender
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any Bloggers here? Empty Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:27 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Just wondering if any of you keep a blog---or online "diary". I have been known to put an intelligent phrase or two into writing before on occasion. Oftentimes though, I will get on a tear, and have a big long document on something, then I proof it, and then before I hit send or post... I decide that no one would want to read it anyway, so I scrap it.

In school, I took Journalism for four years. I loved writing stories--but I hated the deadlines. Actually, I hated when the deadlines were far away. Same with other assignments. The best papers or sories I ever wrote were all done under pressure! I confess: I am a procrastinator!

Anyway, all that aside (see what I mean about writing and then not posting?), I'm thinking of starting an online blog. I'm not sure exactly what for, but maybe I can figure it out along the way.

I guess I'd also like some ideas on what I should call such a random thing? Some folks are so witty and clever. Some are serious, and some just use a name.

I actually thought about just using "The Bartender", or maybe "The Bartender is IN" with a picture of Lucy from Peanuts, and her little sign.

Suggestions, thoughts, advice, warnings, etc.? :[IMG]/confused

Oh, and I'm not even gonna re-read this, or else I'll probably scrap it before I hit send!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

2Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:35 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

See??? I misspelled stories! ex[giggle]

3Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm not a blogger. I don't do Facebook or MY Space either. But I like the title you gave. "The Bartender is IN" sounds good.

4Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I don't really understand blogging because I have never actually read a blog. Perhaps if I knew more about it I would understand. Do people interact?

5Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

No, not really. Unless you have a "guestbook" for folks to sign. At least, I don't think so. It's more of a journal-type thing. Or, maybe you can?

Some people do it to chronicle their hobbies, other to lose weight---or rather to log their journies.

Here's one I came across earlier. I haven't really looked at it, but it will give you an idea:

http://dointhelaundry.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog

6Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

My niece is attending culinary school and she has a blog. I haven't checked it in a while so I don't really know if she is keeping it current

7Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I guess if a person has a reason to record every day what they are doing or have done, then OK. When I was in highschool, it was a fad to do a diary. But what I find odd is that I have a "memory" that records things for me so guess I'd only need to do a blog if I wanted other people to read my life story.

8Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Esther wrote:I guess if a person has a reason to record every day what they are doing or have done, then OK. When I was in highschool, it was a fad to do a diary. But what I find odd is that I have a "memory" that records things for me so guess I'd only need to do a blog if I wanted other people to read my life story.
Esther, my grandmother kept a journal for many years. You would be surprised at what that has meant to all of us who have read it. It gave us a lot of insight to her feelings about things and how different her life was than ours is now. I keep several journals, one for each of my grandchildren, to be given to them when I die.

9Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I have read people's blogs from time to time but I would have a hard time finding something to blog about every day or several times a week. I also feel that I spend too much time on the computer now as it is. I do enjoy reading other people's blogs though, so I hope you share.

Last edited by fishlipsmcgee on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

10Any Bloggers here? Empty Re: Any Bloggers here? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Our daughter keeps a blog. She posts photos with stories as to what is going on with their family. Friends can make comments if they like. All comments are reviewed by my daughter for appropriateness first in case some weirdo came across her blog. She sometimes will post a link in her Facebook account when she updates her blog. I find that since I have been a member of Facebook I seldom will go to her blog unless she posts a link. Her Facebook comments do a great job in keeping me informed but when she has a lengthy discussion of something she will use her blog rather than Facebook.

She keeps her blog archived and it will be fun for our grandkids to review when they become adults.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum