Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pot getter and string algae getter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pot getter and string algae getter Empty Pot getter and string algae getter Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

This weekend we wound up the pump and got the water running over the waterfall. So then I realized it was very warm out and maybe I should get the lily pots off the bottom of the pond and up on the ledge where the water is warmer. Of course I didn't want to get in the pond seeing the water is still pretty cold. So I got out my "pot getter". Pot getter and string algae getter Closeupofpotgetter
The pot in the picture just happened to have a handle on it. I got it at a dollar store a couple of years ago. I wish I had bought a dozen of them. They are rather squat but have the handle. Anyway, you can put handles on anything. Drill a hole through two opposide sides of your pots. Run a piece of polyester rope through the holes and tie a knot inside the pot. Use your hook on the "Pot Getter" to snag your pot and move it around.
My pot getter is made of a pool tool handle that the extender doodad broke. I put a piece of doweling inside the pole, put screws through the sides to hold the doweling in place and then put the rubber handle back on. I drilled out a hole in the center of the end of the doweling and then I screwed in a bicycle hanger hook. Works great.
I should have shown you the other end of the pot getter. So I put is in use this morning. It's just a toilet brush with two metal screws through the pole into the handle.
Pot getter and string algae getter Stringalgaegetter

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum