Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home Depot fan

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Home Depot fan Empty Home Depot fan Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Home Depot fan SmokeyatHomeDepot

They all know Smokey's name but when we go in without him, they barely recognize us or ask where he is.

2Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Smokey is good with strangers reaching out to him? I think you HD employee needs a few more buttons on her apron.... ex[giggle]

3Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Oh yes. He loves people. But not real thrilled with other dogs. You see he is the Alpha dog or so he thinks and people mean he will be noticed and fussed over. Other dogs are interlopers and he's the boss. Or so he thinks. He and I go nose to nose once in a while.

The round doodads on that lady's apron have something to do with the employees taking classes and when they are done and pass the test, they get a new "badge" thingy.

4Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

My husband said that he wishes all Home Depot workers looked like her!

5Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I know. She was so nice and pretty too.

6Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I didn't know that home Depot was dog friendly. That's good to know. It's surprising how many places are

I got a flat tire, in the rain, with my dog in the car, a couple of months ago. I tried to put the spare on myself but since its been years since I've done that I was looking for the cross shaped thing to get the lug nuts off (I didn't know it was now somewhere on the jack). I spoted a car dealer a short distance back, threw everything back in my trunk and pulled into their service departmemt. They were so nice. They had me wait in the show room with my dog. They said that people bring their dogs in all the time. Who knew? I guess the car dealers will do anything to sell a car these days.

Smokey looks so cute in the cart. ex[giggle]

7Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Um, Home Depot may not be dog friendly but their employees at our store are. LOL. One of the ladies carries dog treats in her pocket. With Smokey being small enough to fit in the child seat and we always run the seat belt through his collar, he is pretty much restrained. Lots of times he falls asleep waiting for us to figure out what we need to buy for our intended projects.

8Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:11 am

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

]Smokey is so sweet and she must have very good manners. I went to the grocery store one day on the way home from taking my cat to the vet and it was scorching hot out and all I wanted was to run in and pick up some broccoli real fast so I brought the cat in w/ me. She was in a cat carrier and I put that into the cart. Well when we got inside the store she started hollering that horrible screaming sound they make when they are mad. Oops, oh boy, everyone was staring at us. The manager came quickly over and said "GET THAT CAT OUTTA HERE NOW". Geez he coulda said it nicely. So there were a couple of teenage girls that were there and they were both fussing over the cat and said they would watch it for me outside in the cart. That was so nice of them I thought. Anyway I got my 59cents a pound broccoli w/ o the help of little Boo

Home Depot fan BooJuly20073[/quote]

It was nice of the girls to watch Boo, however I think if that manager would have said that to me I would have said back to him. Well then you go get me some NICE brocoli and I'll stay out here with my cat since it's too hot to leave him in the car. Or you've lost a customer forever.
ex[explode]

9Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:35 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

She was in a cat carrier and I put that into the cart. Well when we got inside the store she started hollering that horrible screaming sound they make when they are mad. Oops, oh boy, everyone was staring at us.

ex[lol27] I'm picturing that

Boo is a BEAUTIFUL kitty. I love the name too.

Last edited by fishlipsmcgee on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

10Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We were recently told by Menards we couldn't bring Smokey into the store "because they sell food". I thought it was odd seeing the food is all packaged securely and Smokey doesn't leave the cart. But Oh Well....

11Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

We were recently told by Menards we couldn't bring Smokey into the store "because they sell food". I thought it was odd seeing the food is all packaged securely and Smokey doesn't leave the cart. But Oh Well....
Health Department codes can be quite strict and food establishments hate getting gigged on health code violations because it becomes a matter of public record.

In addition one needs to remember there are pet owners and there are pet owners which is to say not all pets will necessarily be behaved or properly groomed/bathed... No offense to Smokey, but I wouldn't want to put my bananas into a shopping cart where Smokey's butt had been sitting a few minutes prior.... ex[giggle]

12Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Smokey's butt never touches the cart Mikey because we always take a coat or floor mat that we keep in the car and truck specifically for Smokey to lay on. It is not to keep the cart clean though. It is a stiff surface that lines the bottom of the child seat to give him a firm area to be in. But yes, I'm aware of the health codes etc. That is why the guy at Janice's store panicked when he heard the cat.

13Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Don't they sound just awful with that CATerwaullin?? I have to laugh just thinking about it.

14Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

And my cat Boo was hollering sooooooooooooo loud it was very disturbing and like I said the customers were all gawking and I was totally embarrassed and was sooooooooo close to the broccoli I could taste it. I just wanted to get that broccoli and get out as fast as I could. Those girls were a lifesaver and the poor manager was so upset and I could hardly hear him over the cat hollering her fool head off like she was being attacked by 1000 coyotes. He just kept yelling "GET THAT CAT OUTTA HERE" and pointing to the door the whole way as he guided me to the door  ex[giggle] But it was worth it all cuz "I GOT THAT BROCCOLI FOR 59 CENTS A POUND"  ex[hooray][/quote]

ex[lol27] Can't stop laughing when I picture it.  You must have been horrified when the cat started howling.

A friend of mine and her husband raise leader dog puppies.  They get them when they are a few weeks old and keep them a year until they are old enough to begin training as a leader dog.  Durring that year they are supposed to take the puppy everywhere with them so that it gets socialized and used to all places and situations.  They are allowed to bring the dog into food stores and restaurants-anywhere a service dog would be allowed.  There is a very lovely mall here.  The anchor stores are Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom and all the other stores in the mall are upscale. Their puppy is exceptionally behaved but something must have been wrong for the dog to POOP in the middle of the mall.  Needless to say my friend was mortified as she cleaned up the mess from the shiny, pristine floors.

15Home Depot fan Empty Re: Home Depot fan Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:23 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

lOL @ puppy.

my cat made that yowl sound in the car on the way to the vet. I think it is a signal they are really freaked out. Also it's the same sound they make when they are arguing with another cat at 3:00 in the morning under my bedroom window.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum