Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valentine's Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Valentine's Day on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
What to y'all do for your sweetie on Valentine's Day? Do you get a card, candy, flowers, or maybe jewelry? I get mine a card and I cook his favorite dinner. Last year Robert gave me a little plush doggie that sings "And They Call it Puppy Love". It was so sweet.

View user profile

2 Re: Valentine's Day on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Wait==== WHAT??? WE're supposed to do something special for our sweety for Valentines Day?? How much time do I got?? First things first. Dinner for maybe 12 Thursday for the our kid's families who had a January birthday.

3 Re: Valentine's Day on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Esther wrote:Wait==== WHAT??? WE're supposed to do something special for our sweety for Valentines Day?? How much time do I got?? First things first. Dinner for maybe 12 Thursday for the our kid's families who had a January birthday.

No rush. You have two weeks!

View user profile

4 Re: Valentine's Day on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well we were supposed to get married on Feb. 14th, 1969 but DH didn't want to do it on a Friday after work so we did it Sat. the 15th so we have been known to go out to dinner on that day or around that day anyway. It depends on what's on tv

This is our wedding picture. We got married at a justice of the peace's house and he was right in the middle of watching football so he was in kinda in a hurry I remember.

This was taken at our after wedding party. We were both 19 yrs old :

zone 7
View user profile

5 Re: Valentine's Day on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Janice were you over 13?

6 Re: Valentine's Day on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 am

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
Esther wrote:Janice were you over 13?

Yeah, what Esther said!!!! ex[maul]

We do share an anniversary, JW!! Ours is the 15th also!

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

7 Re: Valentine's Day on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:58 am

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Now, y'all, she said they were BOTH 19 years old. She does look very young though, doesn't she?

View user profile

8 Re: Valentine's Day on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 am

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Oh my gosh, you look like a baby in those pictures and you are so pretty. What a sweet, fresh face. You make a very hansome couple. What did you parents think about getting married at such a young age? It must have been LOVE - you're still together after all these years.

Happy Anniversary JW & Bartender if I forget closer to the date.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

9 Re: Valentine's Day on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
We were both 19 and met when we just turned 18 at the Seattle Center on Hippy Hill. My parents did not approve of him (mostly my mother) and just barely put up w/ him. Our life had it's ups and downs and it was back in the late 60's and yes we were hippies. We came out of that when we were in our early 20's and I had my second child. DH's brother led us to the Lord on Christmas eve 1972 so we had a short life as hippies. But while we were in the hippy stage we made the most of it but we never went to jail (had some close calls) or became addicted to anything. I never tried any hard core stuff like Heroin or Cocaine. Drugs did not agree w/ me much and I knew they were bad for me so I had my limits. For the most part we had a lot of fun w/ camping, hiking and fishing w/ our kids and pets after we became Christians. Now we have been together for so long we are stuck w/ each other till the end and life is good

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Bartender and your DH too

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum