Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did you say?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What did you say? on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:29 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I failed my hearing test at work yesterday. I have a 15 db loss in my right ear and a 13 db loss in the left. They will test me again in two weeks and if it isn't better, they send me to an ear doctor. It is considered an OSHA recordable injury if the hearing doesn't improve.

2 Re: What did you say? on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT BULLFROG. I HOPE YOUR HEARING IMPROVES. Sorry to shout. ex[giggle]

Seriously, I hope you don't have permanent loss. Is your job site noisy?

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

3 Re: What did you say? on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:18 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Very noisey, I don't have any loud hobbies so it has to be the job.

4 Re: What did you say? on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Yeah, Robert is hard of hearing too. I think most people who work in the refineries end up that way. Good thing you're retiring soon. Maybe your hearing will come back.

View user profile

5 Re: What did you say? on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:51 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
That's not good and I suppose you can't wear earplugs either on the job. Hope it comes back after you say your good-byes ex[nod]

zone 7
View user profile

6 Re: What did you say? on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:40 am

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
Hmmm, Bullfrog, is that enough of a loss to qualify you for disability, or medical retirement? If you took a medical retirement, would that reduce your retirement benefits?
Just curious.

My father-in-law was a radioman 3rd class in the navy, and has profound hearing loss. After many years (because he was dealing with the VA), he now gets disability, on top of all his other benefits.

I've lost quite a bit of my hearing over the last 11 years, having been locked in the dungeon and listening to all of the radios and phones that were my job. I've wondered if I could prove it was work related and be compensated. :[IMG]/confused

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

7 Re: What did you say? on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I asked about that because of my knee, it swelled after pounding the stairs 15-20 times a day and they sent me home for another month. I asked them what if I can't climb the stairs anymore like that? What then? They said that you go on long term disability which is 1/2 pay until you retire. From what I was told, you get more social security or get it sooner with a disability but with 5 1/2 months left I think I'll just tough it out rather than go on 1/2 pay.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum