Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crockpot Corned Beef

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crockpot Corned Beef Empty Crockpot Corned Beef Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Well after making the Italian Beef in the crockpot I got to thinking. I'll bet there are other recipes one can do this same way, but varying slightly...So I tried it with Corned Beef.

About Noon yesterday I Chopped up an onion and a couple stalks of celery.
Added to a crock pot with an approximately 4lb Corned Beef Brisket. I did put in the packet of spices that comes with the brisket. I also poured the juice that it was packed with in the pot.
Poured a bottle of Heineken(I use whatever step-son has in the fridge since neither Bruce or I drink beer)Set on high for a couple hours, then set to low and let it cook until dinner time tonight We eat about 5:30.

Hubby Boiled some cabbage and red potatoes to go with it in a separate pan.

The beef was tender, juicy and had a really nice flavor. I didn't shred it during cooking but it could have been done easily. It did stay together because of the fat layer to be pulled out of the crockpot. We then sliced off the fat, it literally pulled away from the meat.

Overall I give it two thumbs up. I'm going to enjoy some reuben's later this week from the leftover meat.

ex[idea] I'm going to try French dip this way soon. Perhaps I'll try some wine in the crockpot instead of beer.

2Crockpot Corned Beef Empty Re: Crockpot Corned Beef Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

We have made our corned beef this way several times...I added a bunch of whole garlic cloves and at least 2 tablespoons of whole black peppercorns at the start.
Used Guinness Draught to cover meat and cooked on low over night.
Good stuff.... Crockpot Corned Beef 265366

3Crockpot Corned Beef Empty Re: Crockpot Corned Beef Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

MMMMMMMMMMM! Lari, please post a note BEFORE you make the French Dip...so I'll have time to get to your house by the time it's done!! That sounds soooo good!! ex[nod]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]