And the only frogs I ever see near my pond unfortunately:

Boo enjoying the warmth of the sun by the pond:

zone 7
View user profile

2 Re: Signs of Spring on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
So nice. Can't wait. We just got maybe 7-10" a couple of days ago so it'll be a while before we see much anything green.

3 Re: Signs of Spring on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Same here Esther ...not quite as much but very heavy and wet snow...I'm sick and tired of shoveling so I decided to only shovel off the deck and leave the driveway alone.

I have been hearing more birds singing lately so even though it feels differently, spring isn't far off. Man I'm looking forward to the crocuses, they are my favorite spring flower. I planted them in the lawn of our old house and by the time we moved out, there were over 5000 bulbs that made cars slow down as they drove by during the bloom.
I'm doing it again here but there's only a couple hundred so far. Nothing like our old place

View user profile

4 Re: Signs of Spring on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
My peach tree is blooming! If all those blooms make peaches, we're gonna have a bumper crop! I'll try to get out and take pictures tomorrow if it doesn't rain. The ground is still soooo wet!

ex[grow]

View user profile

5 spring on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 pm

wolfmom

I agree Rosebud, my yard is so mucky, and more rain expected today. Been seeing a lot of Robins, Bluebirds and Blue Jays.

View user profile

6 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
All those birds are trying to figure out when is the best time to leave. Too bad they don't have Facebook.

7 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 pm

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
So nice to see your spring pictures, JW. It's snowing here today and it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday. I think we are getting the end of that noreaster that hit the east coast.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

8 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
fishlipsmcgee wrote:So nice to see your spring pictures, JW. It's snowing here today and it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday. I think we are getting the end of that noreaster that hit the east coast.

on having the worst winter ever eh? Hope you thaw out nicely and Spring springs for you soon

zone 7
View user profile

9 Re: Signs of Spring on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Hope I do this right. These are my peach blossoms.

View user profile

10 Re: Signs of Spring on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Kittyzee

What beautiful pictures! I know spring is coming but we got more snow yesterday with more expected this afternoon. I have spring fever so bad, I can taste it....seriously. I'm getting really cranky about it. I guess I'll have to go stand in a sunbeam: that is IF I COULD FIND ONE! ex[overreact] Thanks for sharing those pics with such beautiful colors!!

View user profile

11 Re: Signs of Spring on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Rosebud those are so pretty Hope ours do good this year. We have this certain kind called Frost Peach tree that is supposed to do well here in our PNW climate. The first year it had one peach, that was a couple yrs ago when we first planted it. Then last year it got maybe 3 so I'm hoping this year for 5 or 6. I don't eat them but DH says they are delicious.

zone 7
View user profile

12 Re: Signs of Spring on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm

nice picture of the peach blossoms....At least it got above freezing today and it didn't snow

View user profile

13 Re: Signs of Spring on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:03 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
More Spring blooms:

These two are new ones I just bought:

Royal Star Magnolia (slightly fragrant blossoms:

And Harry Lauders Walking Stick or also called Twisted Filbert:

And then when it started looking all nice and sunny and we were outta winter weather this happened on April 3rd:

Hail and yucky cold, windy wet stuff all over again..............so much for an early summer

zone 7
View user profile

14 Re: Signs of Spring on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Well, I'm not going to have any peaches this year after all. Robert sprayed herbicide in the ditch and along the fenceline. Unfortunately, he didn't take into consideration that the wind was blowing. I lost all my peaches and leaves on that tree! Also lost everything on one rose bush! What really chaps me is that he won't admit that his spraying did it! I mean I know it was an accident but, at least admit it! I'm just hoping that it didn't kill the tree or the rose bush.

View user profile

15 Re: Signs of Spring on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Oh no Rosebud that is a real bummer..................shame on him, now he has to buy you a steady supply of home grown peaches somewhere to make up for it and don't forget the roses also ex[naughty]

zone 7
View user profile

16 Re: Signs of Spring on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Lari

Minnow
Minnow
Wow JW, your so much further ahead than we are. I've seen a few Daffodils and crocus, no tulips yet and trees are just beginning to get buds. Today I did see a Forsythia bush in bloom on my way home today, so we're getting there.

Rosebud, I hope your plants live.

View user profile

17 Re: Signs of Spring on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Lari, we may be ahead of you right now but you will soon catch up w/ us and pass us by with your nice hot summers. We stay fairly cool here and get some nice warm days but also lots of rain and clouds. They don't call us The Evergreen State for nothing ya know ex[rain

Last edited by jw on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word)

zone 7
View user profile

18 Re: Signs of Spring on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Tomorrow when I go walking, I'm going to take my camera. There are so many beautiful flowers blooming! The azaleas and bridal wreath are simply breathtaking! The wildflowers are really outdoing themselves this year too. Oh, and my yellow roses are blooming! And the weather is beautiful (for the moment)!
ex[daisy] ex[grow] sunny

View user profile

19 Re: Signs of Spring on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Oh good I would love to see what plants are growing and blooming in your part of the country and what kinds you can grow. Can't wait to see your pics bounce Brrrrrrrrrrrr, it's cold here again but at least the sun is trying to come out sunny

zone 7
View user profile

20 Re: Signs of Spring on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Buttercups grow alongside the roads everywhere!

This is pretty, but I don't know what it is.

Yellow Iris

I'm taking a different route tomorrow, so I'll get different photos!

View user profile

21 Re: Signs of Spring on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Very pretty and I have no idea what that middle one is either. Is it a tree or a bush? Looks like it would be some kind of fruit. I'll check in tomorrow to see what else you find on your walk ex[walker]

zone 7
View user profile

22 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 am

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
The middle one is a tree. I figure it's a fruit tree too. I'm gonna keep an eye on it to see what it makes! ex[nod]

View user profile

23 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
More pictures!

Oxalis (also called Wood Sorrel)

Wisteria (a heavenly fragrance)

Azalea

Another Azalea

This isn't one of my rose bushes, but I love it!

View user profile

24 Re: Signs of Spring on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well I must tell you that you guys there in Texas are way far ahead of us here in Washington with all your blooming bushes. We have Azalea in bloom but no roses or Wisteria yet. The pretty little Oxalis looks kinda like a clover. I love Wisteria and I'm trying to make a tree out of a little one that I bought one year but the poor thing gets frozen every year and then has to start all over again. I think it's getting stronger tho as I notice some buds coming on now. ex[grow] We had snow showers here today

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum