Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Auntie V

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:37 am

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
I found out last week that Auntie V (my aunt who I am responsible for, and is in a nursing home) has bilateral breast masses. She did a repeat mammo yesterday, and the radiologist confirmed that there are masses bilaterally. I was told last week that one of the two on the left displays all the tendencies of being malignant.

This should possibly explain some of her pain. She seemed to take the news pretty well, and was waiting to hear what I had to say. I told her we will proceed with the needle biopsy, and will take it one step at a time from there.

I promised her that I will make sure that FIRST AND FOREMOST: she is not in pain; and second: I will be certain I understand EVERYTHING before we make any decison for each step.

It may be a long road ahead, but I believe that with God's Grace, we will get through this.I also believe that this past year has been God's way of getting me prepared to take this on.

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

2 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
You both will be in my prayers Andi, she couldn't be in better more loving hands than yours.

3 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 am

Lari

Minnow
Minnow
Prayers for strength and healing.

View user profile

4 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:23 am

fishlipsmcgee

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Prayers for your Aunt's healing and for you as well. She is very lucky to have you to help her get through this.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."--Ronald Reagan
View user profile

5 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 am

Praying for health and healing

View user profile

6 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 am

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Praying for Auntie V. She's fortunate to have such a wonderful niece.

View user profile

7 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:47 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Bartender, I know you are the only one she can count on to be there when she needs you. I'll pray for both of you. May God bless you for being the wonderful person you are!

View user profile

8 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:56 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Your Auntie V will be in my prayers and you too Bartender Let her know we are thinking of her and hoping she gets well soon ex[nod]

zone 7
View user profile

9 Re: My Auntie V on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Even when a person is old and prepared for life's end in a few years, I would think it still would not be something a person wants to experience. So sad. Has she had her yearly exams all along? It sounds pretty involved to have come up in a year. Hope and pray they can "get it all" and she is comfortable.

10 Re: My Auntie V on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
Found out "unofficially" from the radiology report that all three places biopsied ARE CANCEROUS. We don't acutally see the doctor until the 26th. I suppose that's when we will work on a care plan. I don't know yet if the nursing home staff told Auntie V that they got the report yesterday or not. I will find out tonight at family night dinner at the NH.

Just keep the prayers coming, please!

11 Re: My Auntie V on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:42 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I'm sorry she got that news and I hope and pray they can stop the spread and get it all out of her w/ the best treatment for her. I'll certainly continue w/ prayers for her and you and your family Bartender

zone 7
View user profile

12 Re: My Auntie V on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
I'm so sorry, Bartender. I know y'all have a long, hard road ahead. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Keep us posted, okay? Love you my friend!

ex[hug]

View user profile

13 Re: My Auntie V on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
Thank ya'll. Love you too Rosebud!! ex[nod]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum