Browse free, good-looking recipes @ TasteSpotting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Oh man the pictures on this site are really making me hungry ex[drool]

Today's Cool Site...

Browse free, good-looking recipes

Sometimes it's hard to decide what to eat. You're hungry but not sure what you want to make. This is especially tough when you're starting with basic ingredients.

Sometimes it would help to see the final dish. It might trigger the "that looks really good" reflex. Unfortunately, many recipes are text-only.

Next time you are in that situation, check out TasteSpotting. Instead of a recipe, you get a picture of the final dish. Start skimming until you find something that looks good.

Click on a picture to go to the recipe. You can sort pictures by date, category or popularity. Or click Random and see what comes up. And be forewarned—this site will make you hungry.

http://www.tastespotting.com/

zone 7
View user profile

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
I copied their recipe for Chicken Marsala! That's one of my favorite dishes when I eat at an Italian place near me. Now I can have it whenever I want! YUM!

ex[drool]

View user profile

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I need to check and see if there is anything I can make that is lo-carb or that I can turn into a lo-carb. Sounds like the Marsala would be good except for the wine cuz of the sugar content and that's the best part of it they say

zone 7
View user profile

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
jw wrote:I need to check and see if there is anything I can make that is lo-carb or that I can turn into a lo-carb. Sounds like the Marsala would be good except for the wine cuz of the sugar content and that's the best part of it they say

Find a bottle and check the sugar content. Maybe it's a really dry wine. I've never actually tasted the wine by itself.

View user profile

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Aha you are right they make it in a dry wine also.............I found this recipe on the net:

Chicken Marsala

Usually the meat in Chicken Marsala (or Veal Marsala) is pounded flat and floured. You don't need the flour (although you can sprinkle a bit over the meat if you like, for not a big carb count and it will help in browning). Although pounding the meat out helps it cook more quickly, you don't have to do it. I often use chicken breast tenderloins (quicker and less expensive) and sometimes cut them up for ultra-fast cooking. Be sure to use dry Marsala wine, not sweet, for low-carb cooking.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 small onion
* 1 cup mushroom slices
* 3 T (or so) olive oil
* 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
* 2 T minced Italian (flat leaf) parsley
* Chicken broth or Better than Bouillon

Preparation:
1. If desired, pound chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic (use anything from an old wine bottle to a small heavy pot for this). Season chicken with salt and pepper.

2. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken. Cook until done, remove, and cover with foil.

3. Add onion and mushrooms, cook until soft. Add wine to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.

4. At this point, judge the amount of liquid for sauce for chicken. If you need more, add a bit of broth. Taste, and adjust seasonings. If it needs more salt, this is a good place to add a little Better Than Bouillon, if you have it, for the chicken flavor and salt.

5. Pour vegetables and sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.

Nutritional Information: This can make 3 or 4 servings. For 3 servings each has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus one gram fiber, 36 grams protein, and 336 calories.

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum