Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfred is now chasing rabbits in Heaven

+3
rosebud
Esther
Freddie Peepers
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alfred is now chasing rabbits in Heaven Empty Alfred is now chasing rabbits in Heaven Sun May 02, 2010 10:43 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

After a long and happy life, Alfred the Basset Hound was laid to rest. He was the friend of many. All the neighbor kids knew him by name. He loved to "bake" in the sun while snoozing on the deck. He enjoyed "doggie" ice cream and made such a mess while eating it that both of us needed a bath afterwards. He was very pround of his strong voice and made sure everyone in the area knew when he was outdoors. He was gentle and friendly to all other creatures. And while he completely despised being bathed, he was overjoyed afterward and bounced around the room showing off his nice clean "suit"

Alfred was a rescue dog. 14 years ago he was just the 25th Basset Hound rescued by Guardian Angel Basset Rescue in Illinois.
He competed in the "longest ear" competition at the annual "Basset Bash" where he came in second at 10 1/2 inches.
He participated in the Basset Waddle, a parade in Dwight Illinois where the Harvest Days celebration is opened up with all the Bassets leading the way 700 strong. They follow the hounds with a flat-bed semi truck so as the Bassets tire out, they can be "hoisted" up onto the truck bed to finish the parade.
He was going strong along the parade route even considering that he was born with a congenial birth defect that caused his front legs to grow in a twisted fashion which made walking difficult. We came across 2 young girls sitting on the curb watching the hounds going by and eating popcorn. Alfred saw them, sauntered over, rolled over and refused to move until he got some "belly rubs" and popcorn. The truck was approaching by now so Alfred and I got to finish the parade from the back of the truck.

The house is a whole lot quieter now that he is gone, but I know he is in Heaven waiting for us to join him when our time comes.

He is missed

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Awww, so sorry to hear of your dear friend's passing. I'm sure you gave him the life he deserved and he repaid you over and over through the years. Things'll be different around your house. What wonderful memories.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm so sorry to hear that, Freddie. I lost one of my dogs back in Sept. and I know how you feel. I still miss my Dickens. He use to sleep under my desk while I was on the computer. Does your other dog miss him? Sometimes they grieve as much as we do! Our Cherry(a Lab) hunted for Dickens for a long time.

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Sorry for your loss.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'm sorry to hear this Freddie. Somebody turned my wife in for having goats in the backyard, behind a six foot wooden fence and she had to sell them yesterday. She was heartbroken.

6Alfred is now chasing rabbits in Heaven Empty Alfred Chasing rabbits in Heaven Mon May 03, 2010 1:14 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

So sorry to hear about Alfred.

Eternal Spirit, we bring you our grief in the loss of Alfred and ask for courage to bear it. We bring you our thanks for Alfred, who lived among us and gave us freely of his love. We commit our friend and companion Alfred into your loving hands. Give us eyes to see how your love embraces all creatures and every living thing speaks to us of your love. Amen.

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Freddie, I can only add a small morsel to what everyone else has already said... at least you can rest easy, knowing that Alfred will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Alfred is now chasing rabbits in Heaven 1612553rgscujldjb

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum