Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prayers needed for my DH Bill

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Sun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
He's going in for nose surgery to fix his deviated septum on May 20th. Would appreciate any prayers. He had it scheduled about a month ago and had to cancel it cuz when he went in for his pre-surgery check up the nurse asked him after reviewing his EKG if he'd ever had a heart attack. Well that question threw him for a loop and really scared him cuz he never had one that he knew of anyway. So after going in and out of the Cardiac doc for a couple weeks w/ all kinds of tests and such he found out he never had a heart attack and the EKG was just screwy. He did have some noise in his neck and they discovered he had a slight amount of plaque build up but nothing serious so now he has to take a statin drug and is supposed to watch his diet. I don't think that nurse should have just blurted that out like she did and then just say goodbye and Se la vi. I think she should have let a doc or someone w/ some more tact explain it so he would not have been so upset. He was really worried and so was I for a couple weeks. I know he's going to be in pain and I hope all works out well with this surgery. They say it can all grow back sometimes but I'm praying it doesn't. He was punched in the nose when he was 16 and can't hardly breath out of one nostril

zone 7
View user profile

2 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Mon May 17, 2010 12:21 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Hoo boy. That doesn't sound like fun. Many years ago, my X had something chipped out of the bridge of his nose from a break many years earlier. The whole thing wasn't much fun. Well that sounded dumb because there aren't many medical/surgical procedures that are much fun. I hope it goes well and does what needs to be fixed.

3 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Mon May 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Praying that Bill's breathing will be restored.

View user profile

4 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Mon May 17, 2010 7:09 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
I'll be remembering him in my prayers! I hope this fixes his problem for good!

View user profile

5 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Thank you all for your prayers

zone 7
View user profile

6 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Bill is home and just fine and dandy. Course he's taking the pain pills and so far he's not complaining. Actually he's asleep in his recliner where he has to sleep upright for 2 or 3 nights. Thanks for the prayers and I'm relieved that it's over. Now maybe he will be able to breath out of his nose and not get sinus infections. ex[hooray]

zone 7
View user profile

7 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Did they stuff his sinuses with a cotton type material? My X had a surgery that sounds like you DH. He remember hearing them chipping away at stuff up there that didn't belong. Don't ya dare tell your DH but Lyle said the worst part was when they took the stuffing out of his sinuses. I just remember seeing a ridge on his face where the stuffing was so it must have been pretty tight. But maybe they do things all different now. That was WHATTTTT???? 46-7 years ago. Can't be!!!! Tis.

8 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 21, 2010 2:02 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Yep Esther they stuffed those up his nose and they are staying there till the 28th when the doc will yank them out. Yikes, I won't tell him about your husbands experience w/ that or else he will be anxious about it for sure. He is still fine today and just feels a slight bit of pain. He is keeping up w/ his Vicadin tho so I'm sure that's what's keeping him pain free.

zone 7
View user profile

9 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 21, 2010 2:07 pm

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
I'm so glad he came through okay. Poor baby! He thinks the worst is over! es[uhuh]

View user profile

10 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 21, 2010 2:16 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Hmmmmmmm, do you think that right before we get to the doc's on the 28th I should tell him he needs to pop a pain pill?

zone 7
View user profile

11 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Yes JW I think that would be a good idea. I remember Lyle saying he thought they were pulling his brains out through his nose. Maybe it was more gross or a weird feeling than pain. Maybe give the doctor a call and ask before you get there if it would be advisable to take a pill. I suspect the pain, if there is some, doesn't last though.

12 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 28, 2010 7:12 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
My DH went in today to get the gauze out of his nose and he said it stung a bit but nothing too awful. He was glad to have it out as it felt like a ton of bricks had been removed from his forehead. He feels pretty good now, just a bit weak still but ready by next week to hit the pavement again looking for a job. I'm sure glad that this nose thing is all over and now he just has to continue to heal some and he will hopefully be better than ever and able to breath now. Thanks again for all your prayers

zone 7
View user profile

13 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Did he notice a significant change in being able to breath through his nose?

View user profile

14 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Fri May 28, 2010 9:53 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Mikey he has noticed a change for the better but the doc said it would be another week or so before he had complete breathing ability as the swelling continues to go down. He still sounds kinda stuffed up and that is to be expected for a bit. I'll post on how he progresses so anyone who is thinking about this surgery might know what to expect. Sometimes they actually drill away some of the bone in your nose but they only had to do the cartilage on his but it was more extensively damaged then first thought. He feels 100% better w/ that gauze outta there. I asked him if he was gonna try and sleep in the bed tonight. He tried last night before the gauze was out and he had to get up and go to his chair again for the night. He wasn't sure if he could tonight or not cuz if he lays down the swelling may not let him be comfortable enough yet.

zone 7
View user profile

15 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Sat May 29, 2010 10:20 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Good. I'm glad that's over. My X didn't have any trouble after the surgery so maybe this'll fix your DH's.

16 Re: Prayers needed for my DH Bill on Sat May 29, 2010 1:24 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I sure hope so Esther and he does too

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum