Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

More prayers needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 More prayers needed on Tue May 18, 2010 3:40 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
My daughters boy friend was just hit by a car today in a crosswalk. He's in the hospital and they are sending him to x-ray. He has a huge bump on the back of his head and can't move one of his legs and has pain in his back and neck. The guy who hit him was driving a lady's car and neither he nor the lady have any car insurance. Fortunately Eric (my daughters boyfriend) has health insurance. Please send prayers that there is nothing seriously wrong with him. Thank-you to all of you.

zone 7
View user profile

2 Re: More prayers needed on Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Scary times HUH?? Hope it turns out all OK. Our bodies are amazing healing mechanisms sometimes.

3 Re: More prayers needed on Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
He's home now. They didn't need to keep him at the hospital over-night. He's all banged up and swollen and is starting to turn all black and blue but nothing is broken. He was in a crosswalk and the guy who hit him said he didn't see him. There were good witness's there to help him. One was even the boss of my son's girlfriend who was on his way to work. So they all backed up his story that he was in the crosswalk and he was laying in the crosswalk when the medic's arrived also. Thank God he's gonna be ok. The doc says he should still be aware of blood clots or swelling tho.

zone 7
View user profile

4 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 8:06 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Glad everything worked out OK.

5 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 10:58 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Wow, glad he seems to be OK. I have a fear of hitting a pedestrian.

6 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 1:18 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Hey Bullfrog are you back already or are you just checking in from your holiday spot? Well welcome back if your back ex[happy] and hope ya had a wonderful time ex[happy]

zone 7
View user profile

7 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 1:25 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Esther wrote:Wow, glad he seems to be OK. I have a fear of hitting a pedestrian.

Me too Esther it would be horrible and the same with hitting animals.............I say a prayer every night......." Dear Lord, please give my family and friends traveling mercies and please protect people and critters from our cars, Amen". I just hate it when I'm out walking and I see snakes, frogs,slugs,bugs, dogs, cats etc all squished and no good for anything anymore...........well I guess they are good eating for the crows and such but.............. In heaven this stuff isn't going on for sure, for sure ex[happy]

zone 7
View user profile

8 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Brings up a question. A person on another forum asked prayer for her critically ill cat. I asked Pete if he thought we should pray for our pets. I never have but never thought about it. I really don't think pets will be in heaven because they don't have a soul. But on the other hand I hope they are. And Pete said that God sees the sparrow fall so -----. I don't know, now criticizing, just wondering.

9 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 7:12 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I'm going to continue to pray for critters as I don't think God is gonna mind me doing so. He must care about them cuz he cares about everything and every one. What can it hurt? God made them all each and every one so why shouldn't we pray for them? Does it actually say they don't have a soul? I think they do have a spirit. I don't really think there are any rules about praying as long as we do it with the right kind of heart The only time I really pray for an animal is if it's sick or suffering actually or to keep it out of the way of our car while we are driving. Like I don't pray for them to have a good day at play or a good nights sleep etc. although I don't think God would mind if I did ex[giggle]
Or look at it like this.........if that critically ill cat brings joy and comfort to that lady then when you are praying for that cat to get well you are helping the lady find happiness also ex[happy]

zone 7
View user profile

10 Re: More prayers needed on Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
If they don't have animals in heaven, I'm not goin'!!!! es[uhuh] ex[wink1]

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

11 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Our concept of heaven is limited by what we know of earth. My guess is that heaven will be very different from earth and maybe even our brain function or capability. On earth, the best thing we could imagine would be to love and be loved in return. But in heaven there will not be marriage. We will recognize each other from earth's experiences but it won't matter any more. So that uncomplicates us divorced people. I have wondered if in heaven we'll not know about what we experienced on earth or maybe God will give us an understanding something like His.

Because animals or pets are not said to having souls/spirits and no direct mention is made of that in scripture, is the reason I think that. I believe to achieve heaven a person has to make a decision and the concept of salvation of course is beyond my pets. But again, who knows what God has in store for His own?

12 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Well at least there are horses in heaven. Apparently the favorite color is white..... ex[nod]

Rev 19:11 Then I saw heaven standing open, and there was a white horse! Its rider is named Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and wages war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many royal crowns. He has a name written on him that nobody knows except himself.
Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is called the Word of God.
Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, follow him on white horses.

View user profile

13 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Yup, Mikey, never thought of that. LOL

And it would follow that the horse that is chosen would be white, a symbol of purity.

14 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 8:11 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
LUKE 3:6 "all flesh shall see the salvation of God." (KJV) Animals have flesh.

Check out this site:

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/ ex[pug] ex[kitten] ex[frog] ex[fish] ex[worm]

and this one:

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/animals-heaven.html

zone 7
View user profile

15 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Yes, I'm aware that some believe that and it's OK. Hopefully I'm wrong. I still think that relationships in heaven will be quite different than what we experience here. Must be we'll have some memory of this life seeing we'll know as we are known but I suspect it won't matter all that much any more.

16 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I do believe as you do that our lives will be different and we will remember each other but we will not be unhappy and past traumatic events won't matter to us anymore. Does that mean I wonder that we won't have emotions or maybe only good emotions. Seems rather strange to me at this point thinking that we won't care about things anymore. But then I guess we won't care that we don't care anymore. Aren't we there in Heaven to worship the Lord and that's about it? These things we will never know til we get there. Lots of people here w/ lots of questions and many different ideas. I wonder if any of them have it totally right?

zone 7
View user profile

17 Re: More prayers needed on Mon May 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
We struggle with those questions all the time. People say they will ask when they get to heaven but I again wonder if we'll remember or care enough to ask. Then again the line will be so long to get to ask the questions, I don't think I want to wait. But then we'll have eternity to wait.

18 Re: More prayers needed on Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well I'm gonna write them down on my hands so I won't forget to ask.................oops I guess I won't have any hands or at least not those old ones anyway. ex[giggle]

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum