Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curtain rod

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Curtain rod Empty Curtain rod Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

About 10 years ago we did a major remodel on our living room. DH has a big "hangup" about not putting holes in our oak woodwork or drywall. So I have figured out ways to just use valances made out of the same fabric as the couch and hung with heavy duty Velcro. When I got tired of that, I found maroon lace split panels with a fake valence and hung them on expansion rods. The problem was the 10' patio door, but I managed to rig up real small rods about the size of a pencil---longer though, and then Velcro again.

During the fight to keep the house warm in the winter and block the cold from the windows or the heat in the summer, I decided to buy cheap panels from LTD that have a darker back and are supposed to reflect both the heat and cold. In the effort to figure how to hang the 4 panels on the patio door, I suggested using pipe. So this morning Pete rolls in with a 10' length of 1/2" and also 3/4" copper and asked which one I wanted to use. The 1/2" sagged a bit in the center. He cut out oak hangers for the ends, drilled a hole in the pipe and also in the hangers just the right size for a nail and we hang the curtains and then put the nails in to keep the pipe from sliding around. He had put up backer up agound the windows before he drywalled because he knew I'd eventually break him down and get him to let me put up curtains.

Curtain rod Living10

2Curtain rod Empty Re: Curtain rod Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

The curtain rod is 1/2" copper pipe with 3 homade wooden hangers.

3Curtain rod Empty Re: Curtain rod Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

That was one of the reasons we used copper. I started out asking about PVC and would a 10' length be strong enough to hold the panels and of couse it wouldn't. Then we talked about galvanized and electrical conduit but they are silver color and I really didn't want to have to paint them. Turned out Pete had the copper on his truck.

4Curtain rod Empty Re: Curtain rod Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We polished it.

5Curtain rod Empty Re: Curtain rod Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Don't know. Pete used sandpaper not actual polish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum