Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dummy Instructions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dummy Instructions on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Ok, I need "dummy instructions" to be able to post a pic on the forum. It has to be in simple language, foolproof, easy to read cause you see I am old and senile. lol

View user profile

2 Re: Dummy Instructions on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Just going through the steps so I can explain this correctly. Hang in there.

3 Re: Dummy Instructions on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
1. find the picture on your computer, write down or memorize where it is located (what folder, etc)

2. Open a photobucket account, it's free

3. Upload the pictures.

4. After they upload, hover your mouse or click over the one you want to send.

5. A drop down box will appear under the image, click on the bottom one.(img2848684776img)

6. At the top left of your screen choose "edit" then "Copy"

7. Come here, put the cursor where you want the picture and left click.

4 Re: Dummy Instructions on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Or you can get the pictures from your My Documents folder on your computer or wherever you keep your pictures on your computer and do it this way also:

Okay so you see that box up above when you are writing in a post (the reply box) that has the little square on top of the bigger square? When you point your mouse at it is says Host an image. Ok you now click on that and it opens a box up that says Upload your image. Next you click where it says browse with the black dot selected for File not url. So now that you have clicked browse it will take you to all your computer files to choose from. You will click on My documents and then you will find My pictures and double click on that and it will open up all your pictures to choose from. Click on a picture that you want to post and it will highlight. Now click open in the lower rt corner and that file will appear in that box that says Upload an image on your posting page. The file will be in the long skinny top box next to that url with the black dot in it. Now you will choose the 800 width for forums in that box with the arrow down where it says Resize image and then click Host it under that. Now a new box will pop up and you will choose the center file and click copy. Next you will click on the end of the last sentence you have typed and hit enter so the little vertical line shows up on a blank part of your page cuz this is where your picture will show up. Now you will click on Ctrl and C so it will paste that long link of letters and such on your post. Now you must just hit Preview and it will show your photo and postings as it will be on the post. If you want to add more than one photo to your post then you must scroll down to the lower posting under the one that shows your photo and go through those same motions again that we started with. You will just see the lines of all those letters and thingies till you hit preview each time. You must hit preview each time you add a new photo link. Let me know which part you get screwed up with and I'll try to explain it better from that point. When you are done adding all your photo's you will hit preview for the last time to check out your work and when you are satisfied w/ the spacing of the photos etc. you can hit send and it should show up on the forum.

zone 7
View user profile

5 Re: Dummy Instructions on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Hey, where'd mine go?? I spent 20 minutes working through the steps. LOL. I figured out what they were but somehow didn't post them I guess. Good huh?

6 Re: Dummy Instructions on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks everyone. I am going to try to do this. I can't sit on the porch and sip tea and quilt due to the weather. ex[lol27]

By golly I am not as senile as I thought. Posted a pic in pets section. Thanks you'll

View user profile

7 Re: Dummy Instructions on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:14 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Esther I wondered what that bowl of pollywogs was doing there and I never saw anything else added to it. Ghosts I tell ya ex[ghostdancing]

zone 7
View user profile

8 Re: Dummy Instructions on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
OK the story of the polywogs is that I chew up a fish food pellet and drop the crumbs in the bowl. You can see where they eat because the algae is gone. I thought it would be interesting to watch them morph a little closer up than in the pond.

9 Re: Dummy Instructions on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:13 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Esther do they taste good

zone 7
View user profile

10 Re: Dummy Instructions on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
They don't taste bad. It tastes like when you chew up a grain of wheat, kind of blah, floury.

11 Re: Dummy Instructions on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Gross me out the door ex[sick] Maybe it's not so safe to put those in your mouth I mean you don't think the food and drug checks those out for human consumption. I know you aren't consuming them but still there could be something not so nice in there being just for fish like worms or who knows what

zone 7
View user profile

12 Re: Dummy Instructions on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Hmmm. I suspect I've had worse in my mouth. We used to chew the corn, wheat and oats on the farm. Thought nothing of it.

13 Re: Dummy Instructions on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Or pick a blade of grass and chew on it, pick some honeysuckle and get that little drop of sweetness out of it. Boy, as kids I guess we did some pretty gross things. I don't even want to think about what was in that grass. lol But we are still alive and kicking, maybe not as high, but kicking. ex[oldie]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum