Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Two Babies

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Two Babies Empty My Two Babies Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

These are my two babies this year. Look like twins but have different mamas. Very seet colts

My Two Babies Shotgunrosie018

2My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:15 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

They are beautiful Sue, just look at those legs, they can't wait to grow into them.

3My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:12 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

I know. I love raising the babies. But I am very very particular about where they go when they are sold. I check the people out and their facilities. Call me anything you want but I don't want my babies going where they are going to be mistreated or not taken care of.

4My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Wow! They really do look like twins! Were they born at the same time? Couldn't have been very far apart. Do they have names yet? Come on, I KNOW you call them something!

5My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 am

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

They're adorable.

6My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:03 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

The stud colt was born March 13yh and the filly was born
march 21st. The stud we call "Shotgun" and the filly "Rosie" Below is a pic of the "Daddy"
My Two Babies Slashpaulscolt169

My Two Babies Slashpaulscolt167

7My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:39 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

We have downsized in the last couple of years. We had gotten up to 16 broodmares and 2 studs. We now run 8 broodmares and 2 studs. Since my son's death, my daughter, son in law, hubby and I are the "sole providers" for our small herd. I love it, it is my passion. The most expensive horse that I own is my favorite, Miss Mindy King, which cost me 5500.00. But she was well worth every penny of it. Our other broodmares range in cost from 1000 to 1500. We raised the stud that was pictured above from a colt. So we have had him awhile. Our other stud, which is pictured below, was bought as a 2 year old at 2500. We sell our colts from 650 to 800, depending on the color, disposition, confirmation and intelligence. It is an expensive hobby but one that I love dearly. It helps keep me "young" (lol) cause rain, shine, sleet or snow, they have to be fed and watered daily. I love the babies and enjoy seeing just how much I can teach them in the 6 to 8 months before they are sold. Below is a picture of Haidas Gotta Gun, our other stud.

My Two Babies Slashpaulscolt157

8My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

They are all fine looking animals Sue.

9My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

I don't recall, what about Blondie?

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

10My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

Blondie is now 90% blind. But she knows her way around the pastures, where the water is, and where the barn is. So she is doing ok. As long as she is getting around and not getting hurt I will just let her be the pasture baby. The colts stay with her a lot, blondie always loved the babies. They take care of her and she babysits them. Mindy seems to know when it is going to be a thunderstorm, she goes over by Blondie and if it gets too bad she takes her in the barn. Strange how animals help each other.
This is Diamond Lena Pep, better known as "Blondie"
My Two Babies Horses09-07030

11My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Awww, you tell her Auntie Bartender loves her, and one day I'm gonna come sleep in the barn with her! She's been my fave since you and I "met". ex[wink1]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

12My Two Babies Empty Re: My Two Babies Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:26 pm

bubbles again

bubbles again

Yep, she is a sweetheart. When we first got her you couldn't touch her. She didn't want to have anything to do with people. But with some soft voice, gentle touch and just "hanging out" around her, she came around. One of my better horses. So now I will take care of her since she is handicapped. I do love my animals.
p.s. she would enjoy the attention Bartender

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum