Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retirement rig

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Retirement rig on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:14 pm

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
My main fishing boat is the WS Ride with the trolling motor. But, it won't fit in the toy hauler with the Harley and all of the firewood, so I bought a Scrambler. It and my wife's kayak will fit nicely and I can lock them up when not at camp. So, with retirement in mind, I rigged out the Scrambler. Bought a good rivet gun, don't go to Harbor Freight. I got one there and it broke the first time I used it, stem got caught in hole and needs to be drilled out. I mounted a Scotty rod holder...

The next two shots are kind of faded, the camera came from the AC to the heat. Anyway, I got a plastic cutting board from Walmart and mounted another attachment to it...

The cockpit in the Scrambler is a lot smaller than the Ride, so I really trimmed it down. I mounted the lower and upper mounts in line for strength. I read here where a person had a rod in and a Scotty Triple Mount snapped off when they got a huge redfish strike...

Here's the Eagle depthfinder, the rod holder, the Ipod and speakers ready to rock. The speakers are velcro'd down, the music is old rock and roll.

Side view...

And, here's the most important part. My corncob pipe hangs neatly down into the drink holder, just gotta mount a holder for my beer...

2 Re: Retirement rig on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Wow, looks like it's really gonna happen Bullfrog. I hope you two have the time of your life and I know you will. Happy trails to you my friend ex[fishing]

zone 7
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum