Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Working on Vengeance three

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Working on Vengeance three Empty Working on Vengeance three Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:49 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'm working diligently on Vengeance Three, as of yet unnamed. I'm 25,271 words into it on the 27th chapter. Juan Carlos has just fallen in love.

2Working on Vengeance three Empty Re: Working on Vengeance three Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:44 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I had started it before I got into the last book,as you know, the boys have grown up and think they are ready for adventure. Here's a little snippet...

“We are ready to sail and meet the enemy in battle.” Neo said.
“Ready, are you?” Batu studied the boys, “I learned from my father about when to determine when a young man is ready. In Africa, there was always manhood training.”
“Manhood training? What is that?” Neo asked.
“When a boy came into being a man, he had to pass a series of tests. He had to demonstrate that he was proficient with all of his weapons.” Batu said.
“We are both very proficient.” Neo replied.
“Yes, but there was also a final test. You must pass this final test before I will allow you to go into battle.”
“What will this final test be?” Neo asked.
“I have been trying to come up with a sufficient challenge, this must not be too easy. It must be a true test of your skill, strength and bravery.” he looked at Neo, “You are to capture, alive and unharmed, a full grown wild boar male and deliver him here. You cannot use one of the pit traps that we have dug in the jungle. You must conceive of your own way to capture it and bring it back here.”
“Can I help him?” Juan Carlos asked.
“Yes, you both need to prove your mettle. Go now, and bring me back a full grown male boar.”
Juan Carlos rose and walked away, discussing their plans.
Later that morning, they walked passed the pavilion holding a large bushel of dried corn and a long coil of rope, smiling at Batu, Felipe and Andreas as they entered the jungle.
“This should be interesting.” Andreas said.

3Working on Vengeance three Empty Re: Working on Vengeance three Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:02 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Another snippet...

Clearing the cove Jean Pierre approached them, “So, which one of you is the captain?”
“It is my turn.” Juan Carlos replied.
“May I make a suggestion?”
“Of course Jean Pierre.”
“We will be sailing in Spanish waters, I suggest that you raise a Spanish flag.”
“That is a good idea, I will send one up.” he reached into the storage area under the ship’s wheel and took out a folded Spanish flag, then ran it up to the top of the mainmast.
Two days into the voyage a man in the crows nest shouted “Sail ho! Dead ahead!”
Neo, Juan Carlos and Jean Pierre went to the front of the ship with spyglasses, “She is a Spanish galleon by her sail configuration, I would send the men to their battle stations.” Jean Pierre said, “Do you intend to attack her?”
Juan Carlos looked at Neo, “Yes, of course.” he smiled, “Battle stations!” he shouted.
“Let them come close, we do not want to sink her until we take whatever she has.” Jean Pierre advised looking back through the glass, “She is running up a distress flag, this may be easier than we thought.” Below decks men were loading the cannons, small arms were also loaded and placed on the deck out of sight. The ship was pulling closer, then flared slightly to their port side. Soon the distance closed and to their amazement, a Jolly Roger flag was raised, “We I will be damned.” Jean Pierre smiled, “She is a pirate ship, run up our Jolly Roger flag as well as the no quarter flag.”
Neo ran to the mainmast and ran up both flags, they watched from the rail as the ship slowed to a stop askance so no cannons could be brought to bear on her. The Raptor also slowed to a stop, “What do we do now?” Juan Carlos asked.
“I see no point in fighting friends, any enemy of the king is our friend. I suggest we run up a truce flag and speak with them.” the flag was ran up the mast and a truce flag was also raised on the other ship.
“Do you trust them?” Neo asked.
“Of course not, have the cannons ready to fire, we will pull up close to see what their intentions are.” Jean Pierre replied.
The two ships slowly converged within shouting distance, they were surprised to see two women standing at the rail along with the men.

4Working on Vengeance three Empty Re: Working on Vengeance three Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Sorry, BF. I admit, I have not even thought about reading lately! With everything happening with Auntie V, and all my volunteer work at Gator Country, I have been running in circles!

I look forward to reading them all one day soon, though!! Just keep 'em coming!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

5Working on Vengeance three Empty Re: Working on Vengeance three Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

OK, I have begum posting the story. As I said there, it is not complete but I am far enough ahead that you shouldn't have to wait as I write. JW, I mean Angelica, has a baby. She has Jean Pierre's blue eyes.

6Working on Vengeance three Empty Re: Working on Vengeance three Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

The infamous Freddie Peepers makes a reappearance in this book as the sword swinging Frenchman Jean Pierre Francois.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]