Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is everyone?

+3
Freddie Peepers
Oldmarine
Lari
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

It is easy to get too busy to check in everywhere sometimes. Lately I've been doing more actual book and less forum "reading". I'm sure it is like that for other people sometimes too.

2Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:26 am

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

Seems like we all get caught up in life now & again. I keep coming back. You're right not much happening these days.

ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog] ex[frog]

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

3Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:45 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Still here ....just not posting much
job takes up a lot of my time now. Work is going pretty well too, i think I am becoming a (gasp) "salesman"
I have already landed more new accounts in 6 months than our other sales rep has done in 2 years

Never thought I'd be a salesman, let alone a pretty good one.
Also never in a million years did I ever picture myself getting "dressed up" to go to work. ex[woot]

4Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I come in and look but figure if noone has said anything for 3-4 days I might as well save my breath and usually don't have anything earth shaking to say anyway so I zoom on.

Pete and I have been busy the past couple of months working at our church. We have been perking up the landscaping by pulling LOTS of weeds, mulching in those places that are minus the weeds, cut down two trees, cut them up and hauled them away, pulled out small tree stumps, pulled out 4 overgrown evergreen bushes and lots of poison ivy vines. Pete did get PI badly as he was in it working before he realized what it was. We also have spent quite a while and used 2 gallons of iron stain remover from the beige bricks on the outside church wall and on the sidewalk where the sprinkler hits and leaves a stain. We have terrible water.

Now we are working inside, going after stuff commercial cleaning places don't look, like under the sinks. Today I spent quite a while cleaning the janitor sink that hadn't been cleaned for a long time. I actually first spread a layer of Stripeze on it and let it sit before tackling it with a razor blade scraper. Then I used cleanser and a sink scrubber thingy. Pastor came down because he could smell the Stripeze up in his office. He kinda scolded me because the room the sink is in, is kinda small and has no cross ventilation. He then set up a fan for me and said he didn't want to lose me. In the meantime, Pete was working on the last of the iron stains on the sidewalks, fixing the sink stopper in the lady's room, rerouted the water service hoses to one sink as they had the cold running to the hot faucet and vice versa. LOL.

Another thing I've been working on is organizing a way to get meals to people from church who just came home from the hospital or may need meals for whatever reason. There is a neat website if anybody has a need for something like this. It is www.takethemameal.com . It's so cool. For our members who have computers, it'll allow me to plug in the needy person's name, any food restrictions, the number in the family, how many meals they need and then send off the notice to the people involved. Then they go look at it and can fill in their name, the day they're taking food, and what they're taking. Then the day before they are to take food, the site sends them an email reminder. It also has a few tried and true recipes and tips about taking food to people. The only ones that will cause a problem are the ones who don't have a computer so I end up calling anyway. But we are hoping to get enough volunteers so we can make up separate teams for each month.

We also will have on hand some canned and boxed foods at the church for people who may want to participate but are hurting financially. We hope that if they can take some of our supplies and just add in, say a pound of hamburg and maybe an egg, they can put together something without blowing their grocery budget.

So we've been assigned a location that is not being used that already has nice cupboards and is easily accessed in the basement of the church. Trouble is, they are the lower cupboards and real deep and of course low. I can just see some of the ladies in high heels and a short skirt down on their knees trying to see what's in the cupboards. So today we went to Home Depot and bought 4 drawer guide sets, some plywood and 1 by 3s and Pete is going to build some kinda trays that will roll out and make it easy to view what's in those cupboards. I also purchased a bunch of cheap Dollar Store tinfoil containers with cardboard tops and from Gordon Foods I got plastic 16 & 32 ounce disposable deli tubs and covers, and 16 ounce styrofoam containers with covers. We are asking that people bring in used butter tubs, whipped topping tubs and most anything that can be closed tightly and reused so maybe we won't have to buy as many.

Now aren't you sorry you asked. LOL

5Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

I still try to stop by every day or so. The last few weeks have been a bit crazy, though! Since my back isn't 100%, but considering we like having electricity and having food, I had to suck it up and go back to work. Since I dealt with a boss I couldn't stand to be with in the same room for the last 5 years, it was time for a change. So, instead, I went out and bought myself a business.

If you are on Facebook, search for The Mailbox Connection. That's ME!! It is a private postal service-type place. We rent different size mailboxes, as well as shipping and receiving. We also offer fax/copy/notary services, as well as a few other misc. svcs. I figure if I can help Gator Country have a record summer with nothing to gain, I cann most definitely build and promote my own business. I plan to really do some serious advertising and we are gonna grow this business!!! I have room for a few different types of odds/ends as well. So far, so good! I'm still liking it!

Anyway, ya'll drop by!!!!!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

6Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:34 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I check in every day, but it has been very quiet lately. Bullfrog has been absent some too. He is kind of like the glue that holds us all together here.
Since we've been having much cooler weather, a friend and I have been walking around our neighborhood instead of in the mall. We are up to 2 miles every morning. That doesn't sound like much to most people but, believe me, it is a lot to us. I've been trying to get my hubby to walk with us, but he is still resisting. I'm not going to give up though. His doctor said he really needs to get more exercise.

7Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

TWO MILES!!! Well it sounds like a long ways to me!!!

Your own business!! I hope it does well. I don't know what is worse though, having difficulty with the boss or being the boss.

8Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:39 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Sorry but I have been busy. I moved all of the furniture and appliances out of the trailer because he didn't have insurance on the contents. I can't see just giving it to the insurance company. I signed the papers today on the new mobile home, the guy says he will have me approved Monday. I asked if he could just pull the other one to the side of the property and put mine there, he said no problem. It will take 20 days to get the title, then I'll file on the insurance. It was insured for $23,000.00 This will pay for the fence, driveway and garage and maybe even the pond.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum