Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learned the lay of the land.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learned the lay of the land. Empty Learned the lay of the land. Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:41 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I went to the Sabine National Forest for 3 days hunting. It took all 3 days to find out where the deer were moving and feeding. Yesterday around 07:00 I saw 5 does but the high line goes across private property and that's where they were. They eventually came back to the east, then entered the wood to my north. I'll be there at dawn one day this week.

Yesterday I woke up at 04:00 and like any good man, had to use the can. I pushed the trigger to get some water in the toilet of my trailer and heard a poor sounding whine but got no water. I went to the sink and the same thing happened there. Being new to travel trailers, I didn't anticipate the hose that supplies your water to get frozen solid. You can put that insulation that looks like a pool noodle on it, but I didn't think about it.

I was now getting some serious bano signals from my rear end and hurried into the trailer to get my keys. They have a nice warm bathroom with showers in the office of the RV park. My windshield was frozen solid and I couldn't see at all. I contemplated hanging my head out of the window but I was freezing just wearing pajama bottoms and a shirt. I clenched my cheeks while revving up the engine and after what seemed like a lifetime, got a small section of the windshield clear, then drove as fast as I dared to the bathroom. Relief came quickly as I just made it to the toilet. In the future, I'll insulate my hose.

2Learned the lay of the land. Empty Re: Learned the lay of the land. Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

Had a simular situation a few years back. I was remodeling the cottage in the back (mother & law type house), the walls were gutted and the electricity was off. It was about 5:00 AM when we were awakened by the sound of water running somewhere. It was 18 degrees F outside, and by the time I found where the water was gushing from at a spit galvanized pipe, the water was starting to freezing all over the floor of the four rooms. It took what seemed like forever to shut the water off. At least this didn't happen in the front house.

I feel your frustration.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

3Learned the lay of the land. Empty Re: Learned the lay of the land. Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

No JW, I almost wrecked my pride is all. I went back yesterday morning. I spent a few hours and then thought, "This is a plantation, a pine tree plantation. Deer don't eat pine, they just move through here looking for the food."

There are plenty of tracks and I saw does, but they were grazing on the grass of the well kept farm land. I'll check out the Angelina National Forest soon as it is more of a natural forest with oak trees which means acorns. Black powder season ends in a month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum