Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think the chances are of the health care bill passing the Senate?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

What do you think the chances are of the health care bill passing the Senate? Health_bill_ap_223

What do you think the chances are of the health care bill passing the Senate? [IMG]http:///oo

The link below will show you a map of the US and how each representative in the House voted. If you hold your cursor on each district you will see the reps name and details. How did your representative vote and are you happy with their vote?

http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/house/1/887

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Interesting site. I live in a conservative district and support my conservative representative, Royce, who voted No. The bill that the House passed does have some good things included in it but it also contains lots of crap that serves to pay off supporters. The AMA is going to make a killing as is AARP. The bill in its present form will in my opinion lead to the total collapse of our economy because it is so expensive.

Unless the Senate and House make substantial changes, such as removing the public option to compete with private health insurance, it won't pass.....unless the Democrats invoke the "Nuclear Option" which they likely will have enough votes to pass.

The "nuclear option" is when the Senate votes to end a filibuster by majority vote, as opposed to 60 senators voting to end a filibuster.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

God help our country if it does pass.

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I received this from my Congressman today:

Dear Friends,

On Saturday, Pelosi passed a trillion dollar government-run health care bill with a vote 220-215. I opposed this legislation. The Democrat Leadership served a debilitating blow to the rights of patients and doctors in this country with the passage of this legislation and gave Washington bureaucrats an unprecedented and expansive role in our health care sector. Here are a few other provisions the Democrat Leadership agreed to with the passage of this legislation:

• They agreed to provide health benefits to 8.5 million illegal immigrants at the expense of the taxpayer.
• They agreed to fine any American that does not maintain 'acceptable' health insurance coverage.
• They agreed to ignore medical liability reform and the $200 billion spent every year on unnecessary medical tests conducted to avoid frivolous lawsuits.
• They agreed to burden America's future generations by adding another trillion dollar entitlement program onto a federal budget the Congressional Budget Office declares is already on an 'unsustainable path'.

The Senate is expected to take up their own version of health care reform legislation.

Sincerely,

Edward R. Royce
Representative-40th District

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Did anyone see a clip of the cheers and applause when they got the final vote that they needed to pass the bill? Scary! I pray that the Senate can save us.

I certainly hope it doesn't affraid

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

I too pray it doesn't pass. I think that if it does, we'll all be What do you think the chances are of the health care bill passing the Senate? Toast-GIF

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

....preferably sourdough.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum