Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this...?

+4
texasjoe
Mikey
bullfrog
Bartender
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this...? Empty Is this...? Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:42 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Where all of the illeagal immigrants on our forum are supposed to post??? ex[wink1]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

2Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Yes, all illegals keep your posts here.

3Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

There is a Home Depot 4 minutes from where I live. I have never seen any illegals hanging around the parking lot hoping for work. However, sometimes my local HD doesn't have what I need and I have to drive 15 minutes to another HD in the city of Westminster. I was there Monday and I counted 30 illegals hanging out in small groups scattered all over the large parking area. I'm not certain why that particular HD is so popular for illegals looking for work but I'm guessing it is because a lot of Vietnamese shop there and they are pretty savvy about getting a good deal..... and in this case a good deal being cheap labor.... These guys usually ask for $10 an hour but I'm guessing they never get that from the Vietnamese who drive a hard bargain....

Another nearby city, Costa Mesa, has had complaints about the illegals (accosting women, urinating in public, littering etc.) and their city counsel have ordered the police to basically harass them and not allow them to gather around hardware stores such as HD.

Adjacent to Costa Mesa is the city of Santa Ana, home to tens of thousands of illegals. Santa Ana pretty much is a sanctuary city....and they have a high crime rate to prove it.....

Now you drive another 30 minutes south and you come to Laguna Beach. Laguna Beach allows a non profit organization to run a "Day Labor" facility on some vacant land. Well it turns out the vacant land is owned by the State, Cal Trans, and someone against illegals filed a complaint. The city in turn has offered Cal Trans 20K to purchase this sliver of land for permanent use as the "day labor" hiring area. Residents were upset because this last July they canceled the fireworks show down at the beach because of a tight budget.....yet they had money to offer to purchase land for "day laborers".....who happen to all be illegals.....

So as you can see, illegals are a hot button issue here. SoCal literally has millions of illegals living here, mostly in the LA area.

One reason the SEIU (Service Employees International Union) wants amnesty for all illegals so badly is for the money from their union dues. They need the money to pay for the retirement benefits....and higher wages for the union bosses...... SEIU pretty much owns President Obama and in fact their union boss has been to the White House more than any other invited guest...22 times as I recall. Thus I firmly believe there will be a push for amnesty for those illegals already in America.

Now on the other hand I am usually against anything that the ACLU supports but they recently won a lawsuit where they and other groups sued the government on behalf of hundreds of LEGAL immigrants in SoCal. I support their winning of this lawsuit. These immigrants were all permanent resident aliens who filed for naturalization and were awaiting a security clearance from the FBI and clearance from the INS. Some had been waiting for several years and because they had not been cleared for citizenship they had missed various opportunities that they would have been eligible for had they been citizens. The government agreed the security checks for these people would be completed within 6 months and there would no longer be lengthy delays.

In my prior life I used to supervise background investigations for applicants who wanted to become a police officer. State law requires all peace officer be a U.S. citizen, however, the law was amended to allow for permanent resident aliens to become a peace officer providing they had applied for citizenship within the last year and they were actively working with INS to complete their naturalization process. At that time it took roughly 3-5 years to complete the process....... Some of our better cops in my opinion were the ones that chose our country.....

4Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 am

I have nothing against any immigrant that comes to our country and goes through the legal process, no matter how long it takes, to be an American citizen. But I do not believe the illegal immigrants should be allowed to just cross the border, take up residence and everyone turn their heads.
This is an injustice to all of us. And it is like a slap in the face for the immigrants that want to do it legally.
In Houston there are several places where they gather early in the morning to be picked for jobs. Well, get your illegal ass in gear and come across legally. Then you could get a real job, move your family here legally and not have to run everytime you hear the words INS. ex[frustrate]

5Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:40 pm

texasjoe

I agree with you totally, bubbles. I am sick and tired of watching them come here and get free medical care and foodstamps. This summer I was robbed by a couple of hispanics that were probably illegal and lost $1300 in equipment that I had worked hard for. We, as a people, need to speak up and stop this influx of illegal mexicans coming here and stealing our jobs. We should NOT be putting up signs in this country in spanish so that they can read it and they should be learning OUR language. We have too many in this country that find it more important to be politically correct than to stop this invasion that is happening daily around us. How many countries on this earth send money after a disaster here the way the U.S. does to everyone else??? We need to STOP trying to help the world and take care of our CITIZENS here!!!!

6Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:00 pm

jaytee

jaytee

I was recently in Phoenix. Sheriff Joe frequently makes roundups down a corridor there. The Feds are trying to hamper his efforts. Our own gov't doesn't want to enforce the laws. es[uhuh]

7Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 am

jaytee

jaytee

That's him. Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He has inmates living in tents and they all wear pink underwear. When I was in Phoenix it was 112. Imagine living in a tent at that temperature.

8Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 pm

I actually never thought this topic bothered that much... es[uhuh]

9Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:12 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

HIHIHI Howell. Welcome. I hope you aren't offended by this stuff. If you have questions or want to give a different view, talk away.

Michigan doesn't have near the problem that the southern or western states do but it still is much discussed from time to time. I would guess that most born citizens and immigrants who have become citizens or the green card people, agree with most of what has been said on this thread. So I don't understand why so many are allowed to be here and collect all the benefits without having done the work to deserve it.

10Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 am

Hahaha nope.
Thanks for welcoming me esther..
I just said that because I actually never thought it bothered people that much.
It does not bother me either way..
I do believe in legal stuff though, I believe people should do it the right way..too.

11Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Hola mi amigo Howell! I'm glad that you joined us. Illegal immigration is a problem that bothers many in America because of the burden that it puts on the economy. I put this topic here so they could have a place to rant about it and not let it pervade all other topics.

I have said many times that although I don't agree with it, if I lived there and my kids were in need, I too would cross the border without a second thought.

Anyway, everyone meet Howell, he is a friend of mine that I invited here. Jump right in Howell, it's good to see you.

12Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:38 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Welcome Howell
This forum is a little spicier than the ponder forum ex[cheers]

13Is this...? Empty I can see... Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:28 am

GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra

...that my ranting on this subject would be a waste of time.

In a nutshell...
LEGAL = GOOD
ILLEGAL = BAD

14Is this...? Empty Re: Is this...? Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm

GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra

Yep it's pretty hard to argue about that in here...............we all pretty much agree............maybe we need to borrow one of those idiots you guys keep talking about from the other forum so we can get our blood boiling Is this...? Boiling[/quote]

True, sheer ignorance does raise MY temperature, although I never did get 86'd from over there...  ex[tongue]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum