Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a new hole in my head.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I have a new hole in my head. Empty I have a new hole in my head. Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We had been given some gift certificates to a restaurant from a couple from church who had borrowed our pop up camper over Labor day. We went to that place for supper tonight and I had ordered a pepper steak dinner. It was a top sirloin with a slight peppery flavoring. So I'm taking a bite of a piece of meat. It was nice and tender, no grissle. AND the tooth between the front two and the eye/dog tooth BROKE OFF TOTALLY at the gum line. I was stunned. SO, "Hello dentist. Hello credit line." It hasn't been maybe 3-4 weeks and I spent close to $3000 on a partial plate with 3 teeth. GRRRR!!

2I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well that just stinks Esther. My dad died with every tooth in his head and my mom lost all of her teeth early. I'm blessed so far with my dads teeth.

3I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

HMMM??? wonder if having babies does anything to a woman's teeth structure? Maybe I'll ask the dentist about that. I think they will add a tooth to the partial plate. I doubt they'll have to remake it all, just add one in maybe. I don't think they can do a crown because the tooth broke off totally.

Funny thing though. The waitress came to the table right after it had happened and I was still kind of stunned and Pete and I were laughing. She said, like they always do, "Is everything alright?" I said, "UM, no, the meal is fine but my tooth just broke off." And I smiled and showed her the blank space. Then later when she brought the bill she said, "I hope you can get that fixed and you'll be OK." I said, "They can fix anything with enough money." Then the waitress said, "I would suggest you leave your tooth under the pillow tonight then." We just roared with laughter at that.

4I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

He must have because BF said he was blessed with them.

5I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

LOL. Never thought of that.

6I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Well actually, my tooth fairy uses the other pillow on the bed. Smokey uses the pillow between.

DH hadn't gotten me a gift for my birthday on the 4th, just flowers and a nice card. So I had a GC for $20 that I used for groceries from Mother's day and I had been given a check for $50 for my birthday from my dad. I had cashed that thinking I was going to have to go to Tennessee and I guess it got spent for meals after that. So we saw a bracelet from Macy's that had 1/2 carat/karat (how do you spell that)total diamonds in it and was sterling silver. So we went there and bought it. $60 and the tag reads $200. I'll post a picture when I figure it out. Well I don't get a very good picture. I have to do some editing for you to be able to see the dust sized diamonds in the piece.

7I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Yes, they did add another tooth to the partial plate to the tune of $355. But that's better than $4000 for a titanium post and permanent tooth.

8I have a new hole in my head. Empty Re: I have a new hole in my head. Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

That is when a tooth has to be pulled. Then you have to let it sit a while for the bone and gum to all heal. Then they drill into the bone and implant a Titanium post. It has to sit 3 months and heal into the bone. Then they build a tooth on that post so you have a permanent tooth. I'm missing 4 teeth. Let's see-----4 X $4000!!!! I don't even want to think about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]