Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Empty Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

CHEWY BROWNIE COOKIES
2/3 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, water and vanilla. Beat in the eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield 3 doz.

CHEWY GINGER COOKIES
3/4 cup shortening
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and 1 cup sugar. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 1-1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen

MINT CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES
2 pkgs. (18-1/2 oz each) devils food cake mix
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3-cup vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Roll into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool. Make Buttercream frosting, exchanging 1 tsp. peppermint extract for vanilla. Frost one cookie on flat side and top with another to make sandwich cookies.
Buttercream Frosting
1 lb. Powdered sugar
1/4 lb. (1/2 cup) soft butter or margarine
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
3-4 Tbsp. Milk
food coloring, if desired
Cream 1/3 of sugar with butter and salt in a large bowl. Blend extract, 2 Tbsp. Milk and remaining sugar into mixture. Gradually stir remaining milk into frosting until desired spreading consistency is reached. 8-10 drops food coloring to color.

These sandwich cookies are my favorite cookies, can't eat enough of them!! ex[bounce]

2Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Empty Re: Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Man, Wolfmom! You're killing me! I'm diabetic! All these sound soooo good!
ex[drool]

3Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Empty Re: Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

You're killing me too (but I love it). I used to make several dozen each of anywhere from 12-14 varieties of cookies every Christmas. I would make some of the same types every year, and then try some new recipes. I would choose a variety of recipes so that some were traditional Christmas kind, some ethnic varities, etc. Everyone who came over went home with a big platter or tin of cookies and where ever I went I brought cookies. I don't do that anymore. Everyone is so health concious these days plus we don't entertain like we used to.

I LOVE cookies but I am following WW.
I will not eat the cookies...I will not eat the cookies ex[hammer]

Last edited by fishlipsmcgee on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Cookies, Cookies, Cookies Empty cookies Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

Fishlips, I used to make cookies like that too, 20-25 different kinds and give them to neighbors and family and send big trays to work with my husband. That was fine when he worked on the ambulances, but now he is a paramedic in corrections, and they stopped allowing them to bring in stuff like this. So I guess I just torture everyone else with the recipes ex[giggle] Sorry to make you all hungry for things that you can't have. I can, but really, really shouldn't, you know, that I'm not fat, I'm fluffy thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]