Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greetings to our newest member BruceP

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Welcome Bruce.

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Bruce is the hubby I mentioned in my welcome thread. ex[hug]

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Oh cool. Welcome Bruce. My favorite uncle's name was Bruce. He was my mom's youngest brother and lived with us for a while. I'm guessing he was early 20s when I was maybe 7. We had this old car that didn't have a heater and one time we had to drive a ways and the back seat of the car was freezing. So mother gave Uncle Bruce and I a blanket to snuggle under. I thought that was so neat.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

My neighbor as a boy was named Bruce. He could build anything. I followed him around like a puppy as my father was away at sea when I was a boy. Once he had a small metal crucible in a vise and he was melting lead to make fishing sinkers with a torch. The lead was melted orange hot and glowing and he grabbed the crucible with some pliers and opened the vise. The jaws to the vise had dug into the crucible and when he pulled it out it splashed melted lead on my face.

I screamed and took off running with Bruce following me. We were very poor but he took me to the hospital and got me taken care of. Oh well, just another few scars on my face.

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Greetings to our newest member BruceP Frog-1

Welcome Bruce!

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Not meaning to hijack the thread but my old neighbor Bruce once approached me. He had been to the doctor and the doctor told him that he needed to stop drinking. This was the early 70's and my hair hung below my shoulders and Jimi Hendrix blared from my stereo every day. He asked me if I had any "Whacky tobaccky" and I obliged.

He never asked me for any again, I can just imagine Bruce stoned... "Hey Ruby.. whatcha doin? Damn these pears taste good."

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

So does whacky tobacky help a person stop drinking? What's the drifference, being stoned or drunk?

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

There is a vast difference. Being stoned on weed is a lot more mental than physical, you do get sensations but don't stagger around and loose your balance. Things are a lot funnier and food tastes better. You can actually concentrate better at things, when I was a welder I could lay down the best bead while high, they were perfectly uniform and looked like the scales on a fish.

Mrs. Peepers

Hi Bruce
Welcome. I'm Mrs. Peepers
You'll see me on occasionally.
My hubby Freddie is on a whole lot more.
Hope you enjoy the group. Sorry I don't have any Bruce stories but if I think of one I'll let you know. :)

10Greetings to our newest member BruceP Empty Re: Greetings to our newest member BruceP Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanx for the warm welcome. Bullfrog, I dont think that was me es[uhuh]
And dont believe everything that Lari tells you about me... ex[giggle]
Lari and I raise and show goldfish and koi. We are particular interested in trying to raise our own fancy goldies. Right now we are a little sidetracked with trying to raise some albino long finned bristle nosed plecos. They just hatched yesterday. Hope I am able to contribute to your group in a useful way.. ex[nod]

11Greetings to our newest member BruceP Empty Re: Greetings to our newest member BruceP Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

BruceP wrote:Thanx for the warm welcome. Bullfrog, I dont think that was me es[uhuh]
And dont believe everything that Lari tells you about me... ex[giggle]
Lari and I raise and show goldfish and koi. We are particular interested in trying to raise our own fancy goldies. Right now we are a little sidetracked with trying to raise some albino long finned bristle nosed plecos. They just hatched yesterday. Hope I am able to contribute to your group in a useful way.. ex[nod]

You don't actually have to contribute, I don't. It's just good to see you here.

12Greetings to our newest member BruceP Empty Re: Greetings to our newest member BruceP Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 am

Well, it's good to know I don't have to contribute. I was getting concerned that I would have to make something up to sound like I knew what I was doing. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum