Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Houstonians, What say you?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Houstonians, What say you? Empty Houstonians, What say you? Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I'm from SoCal and I have no idea what this is all about... but I see a lot of Texans on Bullfrog's forum.... Any thoughts?

Cartoon in Houston Chronicle

2Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 am

jaytee

jaytee

I live 100 miles from Houston so I'm not up to speed on their politics. I have heard that the folks in Houston call that newspaper the Houston Comical. Maybe that sheds some light on the situation.

3Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:29 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Maybe if I knew the whole story...I still wouldn't find it very funny. When I was a journalism student... we were taught that the media was there to report...not judge or persuade. "Just the facts, Ma'am".

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

4Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 am

Cool Chools

I thought you were going to ask our reaction to having "the nations's first openly-homosexual mayor of a major U.S. city."

5Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I thought you were going to ask our reaction to having "the nations's first openly-homosexual mayor of a major U.S. city."
I guess that (openly-homosexual) tends to explain the cartoon somewhat. The video clip didn't give any history other than the guy in bed was a conservative. I'm assuming then that both candidates running for mayor were Democrats and whoever this conservative is was throwing in his support for the handcuffed candidate because the other candidate was a homosexual??....

Bartender: I agree completely. There is bound to be some bias in the media because that is human nature but generally today's journalism is an embarrassment and their writings often reflect more on their viewpoint of the facts rather than on the facts.

6Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Cool Chools wrote:I thought you were going to ask our reaction to having "the nations's first openly-homosexual mayor of a major U.S. city."

I don't want you peeking in my bedroom window and I won't peek in yours, I promise. It is nobody's business what preference a person has and shouldn't affect your judgement of that person unless they have a radical agenda. I have known a few gays (Mainly women) who have a huge chip on their shoulder, the gay men just don't seem to have an attitude. I personally don't care what others do in the privacy of their own homes as long as it does not include children or animals.

7Houstonians, What say you? Empty Re: Houstonians, What say you? Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 pm

All we get on TV is the Houston news channels (those are our "local" on DirecTV) so we've heard plenty about both that were running. Personally I don't care since Houston is 45 miles away and in a different county. I just hope she does a good job and lives up to her campaign promises for Houston's sake.

Lately I've avoided watching any news at all. If there was something I could do to change it maybe I would watch but there isn't. It's just too damn depressing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum