Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eventful Sunday

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eventful Sunday Empty Eventful Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Ok, rather than re-writing all of it again, I am copying my Facebook posts about my daughter's (and friend's) accident on Sunday morning. Thank God, they are fine, but it was a scary moment for us all.

This morning at church, Bre and her friend Jessica were attempting to light the big commercial stove/grill to begin the morning breakfast. When Jess tried to light it, the gas flashed, and it blew both girls back, and burned them both.

Thankfully on further inspection they both only received 1st degree burns---equivalent to a sunburn, on their faces. Jess had the hair on her forearm singed and it got some of her eyebrows. I have not gotten to see Jess yet.

Bre's hair was burned a bit about her face and bangs, Her eyelashes and eyebrows are quite a bit shorter now. ... See More

It could have been SOOOO MUCH worse!!! Thank you Lord, for sparing my girls. You deserve ALL the praise. Thanks to Samantha and Amberlee for driving Bre home to my house. Thanks to Chad, and all of Bre's Gateway Family for your love, caring, and concern. She is blessed to have such a great extended family!

HI, just what I posted, is all I know. Jessica was holding the lighter (but obviously in the wrong place). She didn't know what she was doing, as she had never done it before. Bre said when Jess pulled the lighter back, and started to put it back again, Bre said "Um, ya probably shouldn't do that". That's when *POOF* the gas caught and it explode and blew them backwards. It was but for the grace of God that they were ok. I think both of their egos were bruised, but hey, we can all live with that! I was worried that her contacts were melted in her eyes, or something like that. Thankfully, it was before everyone gets there, so there weren't too many people, an none of the youth were there. The youth leaders are the ones who cook breakfat on Sunday mornings as a fundraiser for the youth. It was an industrial type kitchen grill. The potential was there to have been disasterous!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

2Eventful Sunday Empty Re: Eventful Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Wow, I'm glad they are OK.

3Eventful Sunday Empty Re: Eventful Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Bartender, they were in God's house and HE took care of them! Seems God is working overtime lately! I'm glad they are okay!

4Eventful Sunday Empty Re: Eventful Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thank God that they're OK and weren't hurt more seriously. Wow, that could have been really tragic

5Eventful Sunday Empty Re: Eventful Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Oh my, that could have been so disastrous. I'm glad they are OK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum