Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

DIY PVC stuff

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DIY PVC stuff Empty DIY PVC stuff Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

DIY PVC stuff Plantstandedited My first pond plant stand.

DIY PVC stuff Plantstands Another type of pond plant stand. These are not glued, just banged together with a rubber mallet. They have different length legs so can be flipped over for varying depths. If you use the caps, drill holes in them so they don't want to float. As you can see they eventually get green so I didn't paint them or try to get the print off. The elbows can turn inward to press against the pot and hold it from sliding.

DIY PVC stuff Pondwleafcover The fall leaf net.

DIY PVC stuff Filterframeandskimmerbasket These are in my skimmer to hold the filter media and act as a skimmer leaf catcher.

DIY PVC stuff Skimmernsidewithlabels

DIY PVC stuff GridssupportI made supports for the grids in the Skippy.

DIY PVC stuff 1plantstand Plantstands for in the house.

DIY PVC stuff Marshmallowgun I made these for the grandkids last year. You use mini marshmallows.

DIY PVC stuff Laddergolfwithballs Ladder golf game.

DIY PVC stuff InsideSmokeysbedThe in the house, dog house.

DIY PVC stuff PVCchair The chair in the middle was made from PVC. I don't like it because it doesn't fit me. I mismeasured. If it had a cushion, then maybe it would be OK.

DIY PVC stuff QueenofPVC620copy

Last edited by Esther on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

2DIY PVC stuff Empty Re: DIY PVC stuff Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I made them all. I use the chop/miter saw to cut the PVC. Of course he taught me to glue etc.

3DIY PVC stuff Empty Re: DIY PVC stuff Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I totally made that skimmer too. I have a Dremel saw. It has a round blade about an inch around and that's how I cut the opening. That's all it is. Ths hardest part was deciding where the hole should go. It sits inside the pond on a shelf. The PVC frame holds the filter media up, in place. And there is a ridge inside the Rubbermaid tub where the leaf catcher sits. It all works out just fine. The pump is a sump type so it is plumbed out the top where you see that 3" elbow fitting curving left. Although there is a ball valve there somewhere so the water doesn't gravity back into the pond when the pump is shut off.
Pete does all the plumbing of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum