Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warm Up The Teleprompters...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Warm Up The Teleprompters... Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Tonight is Obumble's first State of the Union Adress. Are you going to watch, what do you think he'll say AND what are you hoping he'll say?

I am hoping he'll say "I quit" ex[giggle] of course then we're stuck with Biden and God forbid, Poison Pelosi. Can he fire them and then quit?

2Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Re: Warm Up The Teleprompters... Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 am

jaytee

jaytee

I watched about one minute and turned the channel. He was making it clear that this mess wasn't his. He keeps going back wards, blaming Bush. It's time for him to put on the big boy pants and realize the the buck stops with him.

3Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Re: Warm Up The Teleprompters... Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:48 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Sorry, just couldn't watch the Fate of the Union address...

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

4Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Re: Warm Up The Teleprompters... Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I watched some of it. He thinks he can talk over the heads of the American people. He's full of bull pucky....

He said he is going to put a "freeze" on the budget for most parts of the government in order to reign in the national debt which I believe is approaching 13 trillion. During his presidency he has grown government spending in his various departments by about 20%. I understand the EPA had its budget inflated last year by 35%. Budgets of various government departments are typically increased by 2-4%. Thus his "freeze" in reality only locks in these horrible increases and does nothing to reduce government spending or the size of government. If he were serious at all about reducing the national debt he would have slashed the budget, not frozen it. The man is deceitful.

5Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Re: Warm Up The Teleprompters... Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Bartender wrote:Sorry, just couldn't watch the Fate of the Union address...
ex[giggle] Bartender. That about sums it up

I couldn't stomach it either and ended up changing the channel after a few minutes. I watched the highlights on Fox & Friends this morning. He is a gifted speaker and it sounded like he was in campaign mode again. NOW he decided that he should focus on jobs and yeah, maybe you should try eliminating CG taxes on small business and all those things that actually CREATE jobs like the GOP suggested. BTW these are not YOUR ideas Odummo.

Some interesting observations here. Michelle Malkin is one smart cookie and not too much gets by her.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/01/27/zzzzz-two-not-so-sharp-responses-to-obamas-sotu/

Mikey did you hear that Pelosi thinks that if we are freezing spending that we should freeze across the board and cut defense too...by 5%!!! That woman is truly insane.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/nancy-pelosi/2010/01/27/pelosi-wants-freeze-defense-spending

6Warm Up The Teleprompters... Empty Re: Warm Up The Teleprompters... Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

NOPE, didn't even realize he was going to make a speech. Does that give you any idea of my political ANYTHING?? I know. I'm not a responsible citizen and never have been. But I do at times listen to the discussions that other people have about what it going on.

The thing that scares me is that so many people voted for our President because he could speak well and was very charismatic. My insurance guy told us that. I told him that would be the very reason I WOULDN'T vote for somebody. I don't trust salesmen so to sell me something, they better know their stuff. The more a salesman sounds smooth and seems to like me, the less apt I am to buy it. If you tell me the basics and say, I'll leave you to look it over, and disappear for a while, then just maybe, when you come back and can answer my questions, you will have a sale.

So now we have a guy sitting in that fancy office who not only sold himself and his ideas to a whole lot of people but he believes what he said, besides. I think he's totally astounded that what he said was going to happen---hasn't, and that he's amazed that WE THE PEOPLE (more every day) are seeing through his palaver finally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum