Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Job interview

+7
Lari
Bartender
Mikey
wolfmom
fishlipsmcgee
bullfrog
Freddie Peepers
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Job interview Empty Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

As many of you guys here know, I have been on unemployment for quite a while now.
I have a part-time job that has allowed me to spend many days driving with my father
This has been a blessing, we have gotten much closer and have had some wonderful discussions about our beliefs. I learned things I never knew about him.

I get e-mail notices from a website that specializes in printing jobs. Over the last year I have applied for a grand total of about 10 jobs resulting in 2 callbacks and only one actual interview. I was one of over 100 applicants for that job. It came down to me and another fellow who had a little more experience on this particular machine.

Last week it was more of the same, I got the e-mail, this time it was a sales position
but the offer stated they were looking for an experienced "pressman" and they are willing to teach how to become a salesman. The company manufactures rollers which I have used at several shops in the past. I wrote them a letter stating my interest in the position, telling them I have no sales experience. Figuring thats where it ended I basically forgot about it.
Well on Monday I got a call from the Midwestern Sales manager, He checked my resume and made some phone calls inquiring about me. Apparently he talked to one of my previous supervisors, and heard good things about me.
I talked on the phone with him for awhile and then he invited me up to tour the plant and meet face-to face. I am kinda shocked by this and I am asking my friends here for prayers of support because I am very nervous about this job offer and subsequent interview.
Wish me luck, for one week from Monday I venture into uncharted territory

2Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:50 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'll be praying for you brother. If God opened this door you will get it for sure.

3Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm praying for you too, Freddie. I hope you get this position. I have also been unemployed for over a year and I am waiting to hear back about a job so I know what you are feeling.

Put it in God's hands and there will be a lot of prayers comming from your friends here. Job interview 27356

4Job interview Empty job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

I'll be praying for you too Freddie. Sounds like a good thing, hope that you will be blessed with the job.

5Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Praying for you from Oregon

6Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone.--John 8:29

No matter where I am or what is happening, I still my thoughts and move into a quiet place of communion with God.

In this place of serenity, I remember the truth of my being, the part of me that never changes. I say to myself: "I am God's beloved today and always. The Christ Spirit is within me. Everything that is true about me remains. All the power of the universe is in me."

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

7Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:54 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Bartender, with that quote your sounding more like a Quaker than a Bartender. Job interview 631640 (I say this because I actually am a member of the Religious Society of Friends, aka Quakers and have often heard/seen this verse recited in various Friends publications.)

Best wishes for a positive outcome Freddie!

8Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:56 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

ex[happy]

9Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Just got home from my interview. It went WAY better than I could have hoped for. I was there for almost 3 hours. I feel real good about what took place and the branch manager there said he would call me by the end of the week. Job interview 750573
At the end of the interview, he said I was the leading candidate based on both todays interview and the recommendations he received from other people in the trade.

I am trying to remain cautious, but also hopeful

10Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Job interview 265366 Hoping for the best of outcomes!!

11Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

From what the branch manager said, I think the job is yours! But I'll say a prayer anyway. Just to be on the safe side!

12Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Been praying for you every day, will continue to do so. Keep us posted.

13Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Prayed here too. I think I missed how soon you might hear.

14Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:44 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Job interview 750573 Prayers and positive thought being sent your way Freddie. Sounds like you got the job to me

15Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Any word yet? Still praying for you. Job interview 27356

16Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Well I made the first cut and now its down to three of us.
I didn't hear from them so I called this afternoon and asked to speak to the branch manager. He informed me of the fact that it was down to three and said I was still the leading candidate.

I have a second interview on Wednesday the 17th where I will be spending the day with another salesman traveling and making calls on some existing customers. I asked about how I should be dressed as there is some physical work involved and I know a suit wouldn't be appropriate.

After he told me the dress code...I asked him point blank where I stood in relation to the other two men. He said that of the three remaining I am the only one with any experience using their products (over 10 years). He also said they have no one on the sales force with the same type of printing experience as me. Both of these put me a leg-up on the other competition. He did not formally offer the job to me and told me some of this conversation was strictly between us ...but he did say that next Friday I could expect a call from him with an invitation to meet halfway between my house and his where he will present a formal offer with base salary and commission information along with a vehicle allowance.

I am pretty confident of whats to come, but told him that until I get that formal offer I am still looking for opportunities and answering any offers that come to me via e-mail or job search or word of mouth Job interview 750573

17Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

That's great news! I pray for you every time I crank my truck. Hang tough brother, you'll get it.

18Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Sounds good, Freddie. I won't congratulate you yet as not to jinx it ex[giggle]

19Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:13 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Thank you to all my friends here. I think I have half the congregation at church praying for me also. I have never felt such power before. All the encouraging words and prayers have done wonders for my moral. I'm feeling like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will post here as soon as I get the word that the job is officially mine Job interview 750573

20Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

"I am pretty confident of whats to come, but told him that until I get that formal offer I am still looking for opportunities and answering any offers that come to me via e-mail or job search or word of mouth"

Smart move, Freddie! Let THEM sweat a little too! ex[nod]
I'm still gonna pray for you too!

21Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Well i had the second interview on Wednesday. It went well, at least as far as I could tell. They told me that a decision will be made by Friday or Monday at the latest. I hope I hear from them on Friday cause the waiting is killing me. I still feel confident that I will get the job but crossing my fingers in case. Job interview 750573
Thanks again for all the support as it has really made a difference.
The power of prayer is truly amazing

22Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Tomorrow ex[whistle] (I couldn't find a smiley that was singing the song, Tomorrow") Actually that smiley is yelling, "GO". Job interview 268413 This one is sweating. Job interview 265366 This one is encouraging.

23Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Prayers indeed. Plenty of 'em! ex[nod]

24Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Prayers and good thoughts still going out to you. The waiting is so difficult. Think positive!!! I think the job is yours.

25Job interview Empty Re: Job interview Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

I GOT THE JOB Job interview 265366 i GOT THE JOB Job interview 618624 Job interview 407469
I received a call from the branch manager this afternoon telling me. I got a little scared when he called today cause he said it would be Friday or Monday and i thought he was calling today to let me know they were going with someone else.
In fact he even started the conversation with "I'm sorry, but I got bad news for you"

"We are offering you the job" I almost fell over because I thought he meant I didn't get the job. Then he started laughing and I felt a huge wave of stress leaving my body and I had to sit down.

I told him "that wasn't funny" and called him a "son of a Bitch" for scaring me like that then we both laughed about it. I meet him for lunch tomorrow for the formal offer and contract signing. I will receive a nice base salary and commission on every sale. I also start with a pretty big base of existing customers and then try to expand from there. I will need a pick-up truck and part of the package is a vehicle allowance that is enough to pay for the truck and fuel each month depending on how "fancy" a truck I get.
I could not be much happier and probably will sleep better tonite than I have in 15 months.
Mrs. Peepers has put up with my angry,sorry, bitter self-pitying backside this whole time and I think we will be going out to dinner this weekend to celebrate although she deserves much more than that.

Thanks again for all the positive vibes that I get every time I log in here as you guys have become part of my extended family. I wish you could have seen me dancing a victory jig as all three of our dogs watched in amazement and the old Basset hound was barking his fool head off.

The Salesman has left the building ex[wink1]
Job interview Picture046

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum