Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

earthquake

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1earthquake Empty earthquake Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Okay you guys, I'm not very good at geography, but on the news they are saying the eathquake in Chile could send a sunami all the way up the U.S. west coast! Are any of y'all in any danger? One of my step-sons has in-laws and step-children in Hawaii. I sure hope they will be okay.

earthquake 357774

2earthquake Empty Re: earthquake Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Seems like wherever a person lives, there are weather related danger things. When we were in Alaska, down on a tip that stuck into the ocean, I was shocked to see a sign that said, Tsunami exit route. Before that I never had thought of that danger. We had just come south from Anchorage where they are on one of the earthquake faults and there was stuff here and there showing pictures of one of the big earthquakes. I must admit I felt a little funny while I was there, about that. MIchigan has tornadoes rarely, oh and a little snow but wow when the earth moves like that I would find it frightening.

3earthquake Empty Re: earthquake Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Our neighbor is from Chile and his parents still live there. Waiting to hear news on exactly where they are and if they're ok or not. I'm sure we'll hear lot's more in the next few days about the damage the earthquake has caused.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum