Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Publish your own book for fun and profit Bullfrog

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

A friend that I used to supervise who left the job on a disability has been trying for several years to establish herself as a novelist. She has taken many classes, contacted several publishers etc. She has one book published, The Kevlar Heart, and she is trying to get another one published. I enjoyed reading her first book and look forward to her next book.

Here is her web site:
The Kevlar Heart

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Being a retired cop she uses her expertise in that field for her books. Her writing style has been what she calls "cozy" but the last time I visited with her I believe she said her next novel was going to be in different style.

What I found interesting was that she was told by either her publisher or someone else that she didn't need to write an entire novel, beginning to end, before submitting. She was told to write just the first chapter and submit it. I guess the reasoning is if the first chapter doesn't grab you then they wouldn't be interested in publishing it....

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Thank you kindly. A lot has happened in my story. After the princess double crossed the Viceroy with her letter home and announced to her father that she was never coming home they had to leave their island home of Tortuga and relocated on the mainland in what is later known as Belize.

They are about to jump a full blown galleon that is the equal of the Vengeance sailing out of New Granada (Venezuela). A character is going to get killed in this battle.

A child was born on Tortuga and another one is on the way.

Mine would be full of "manure", all I know is horses. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum