Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dear Abby on Loved One's Final Wishes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

DEAR ABBY: My great-grandma also requested that she be buried in her pajamas, but said she also wanted a fork placed in her hands. We could understand the pajamas -- given the "long sleep" -- but the fork had us stumped. She explained that when dishes were cleared after family dinners when she was growing up and dessert was on its way, her father would say, "Hold onto your fork, the best is yet to come!"

We did as my great-grandmother asked, and it helped those of us who were grieving to remember that she's now enjoying her "just desserts." -- HOLDING TIGHT TO MY FORK, SIOUX FALLS, S.D.

From the very FIRST time, in 1998, that I got the email about the woman wanting to be buried with her fork, I have said the same thing! My family knows that when I die, I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We had a trust written about 6 years ago, not because we had so much money but because our children are not siblings and I didn't want them to wonder who was supposed to do what or do what with it. Also, there was a good chance that when we were gone we might head off a mountain side in Yellowstone or Alaska and both of us die at the same time. Also, we have our burial plotts in the veteran's section of the cemetary close to here. I have written up descriptions of stuff around the house so they know which grandma gave me what so that it goes to the right kids. Also I have a list of songs I want used, told 'em I didn't give a hoot about a blanket of flowers on the casket or vases/pots of flowers sitting around. Give the money to a peciatric cancer research fundraiser. The stuff in the safe deposit box is all labeled and all our info in recorded in the computer, down to account numbers and phone numbers for them to reach the companies and have all the info. Also all the rental statements and house descriptions are there. Sure hope they remember that it is all there. We have my oldest and Pete's oldest for co executors. If we could, I'd have Pete make our coffins. HMMM, wonder if we could do something like that. I have heard of that long ago. I suspect there are rules about it.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Hope chest!!! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]