Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pete's latest masterpiece.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Pete's latest masterpiece. Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

He had made a headboard for his daughter and her husband's bed and then we noticed that her night stand was too large for it's location and was white. So he basically copied our night stands but changed the size to fit the space she had & put some side slats in to match the headboard. Pete's latest masterpiece. Headboardalmostdone

Pete's latest masterpiece. Nightstandside

Considering this is his third real piece of furniture, it is amazing. It is so solid and heavy, I think it would go through a huricane.

2Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Re: Pete's latest masterpiece. Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Very nice! Way to go Pete!

:[IMG]http://i2 ex[thumbup] ex[hooray] ex[bow]

3Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Re: Pete's latest masterpiece. Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I think he is surprised with the outcome. Hopefully this will give him some confidence in his ability.

I hear the table saw going as we speak and am dying to find out what he's doing now. I didn't think he had much wood left. He just made me a napkin holder but I have to do a little grouting around a tile and then glue it together.

4Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Re: Pete's latest masterpiece. Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

LOL. I read that real loud so Pete could hear.

5Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Re: Pete's latest masterpiece. Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

That's just perfect for that headboard. I'll bet his daughter is just thrilled!

6Pete's latest masterpiece. Empty Re: Pete's latest masterpiece. Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

It's kinda strange. That light blotch on the front of the night stand isn't near as noticeable in person. Somehow the picture shows it up a lot. Also the lighting in the basement causes the headboard color to look quite dark. The picture of the night stand was taken in the dining room across from a picture window so I think it showed lighter. The wood is all oak and the same stain and technique was used on both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum