Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another project done.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another project done. Empty Another project done. Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Another project done. Myka_s10
It is a purchased bath towel, a burp cloth made from a cotton diaper, a changing pad made from a crib size waterproof pad and cut in pieces, and a bib.

2Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

OH no. For one thing my first was a boy, then 5 years later I had a girl but she was born with Spina Bifida and only lived to about 6 months. Then Kelly was born 5 years later. I did sew for my boys but it isn't as much fun. I got a lot of hand me downs from my sister in law and poor Kelly never got anything new until he was in his teens as I had kept all Kevin's clothes and also my sister in law who had 4 boys older than Kelly.

My mom did a lot of embroidery when she was young and newly married though so I did some but not to decorate baby clothes. She also crocheted, knitted, did needle point, quilted, and anything imaginable with her hands. That's where I inherited my ability to do stuff like I do. But I never could figure out the sense of taking a string and making a dress or blanket. So never knitted or crocheted anything worth anything. I did learn the basic stitches.

This machine, I purchased about 7-8 years ago and have had so much fun personalizing things for people, either with their names or matching colors or themes of a room or special interests on clothes. I LOOOOOVVVE my machine and am so glad I bought it when I did. I wouldn't spend what I did on it now.

What I think is cool is that I can buy something cheap or even used and embroider $10 worth of design on it and they think it's worth $30. I took a fingertip towel, put a design on it that took over 23,000 stitches on it and made it into a toddler bib. Now this towel for $2.50 has become worth $25 and will be a keepsake because it has the kid's name on it.

3Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Yah and out of the bars. LOL

4Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Those are lovely!

I dream of owning a nice embroidery machine someday.*Strains of Somewhere Over The Rainbow......* And having the time, energy and ambition to use it once I do.

Like you, I've done a lot of different crafts over the years because my mom did it all too and she taught me a lot of different handicrafts. Unlike mom though I don't work on things in the evening when I get home from work. Mom had a needle or hook or a book in her hands just about every spare minute she had. She always had several projects going and took them with her wherever she went. Worked on crocheting or embroidery or quilting by hand on her breaks at work.
When I get home from work at night I sit with a keyboard in my lap or just "veg" So I'm not nearly as prolific with the crafts as I'd like to be. I blame part because I don't have a designated craft room or area where I can leave things out. And I don't like cluttering up the main living area of the house with those things. So while I'm dreaming of an embroidery machine I'll add a craft room to the dream. ex[wink1]

5Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I have three craft rooms. One is in the laundry room. That has all my card making stuff that I need to find a home for. Then I have a room in the basement with all my miniature making stuff. Then this room upstairs has all my computer and sewing stuff. As soon as the kids moved out, we all of a sudden had a den and sewing room. Didn't want to give them the idea we were holding the space for them to move back. LOL

6Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Ahh the joy of an empty nest.

I don't know much about that yet because I have a MUCH too old to be living at home stepson living in the upstairs of our house....Believe me his moving is part of the rest of that dream I mentioned before...but I don't harp about it ALL the time. Another project done. 702602 AND, I've been waiting for it to happen for 8 years now...so I'm not holding my breath either. Another project done. 32759

There are worse things in life that people have to deal with every day. ex[funnycrazy]

7Another project done. Empty Re: Another project done. Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Lari, I'm sure this comment isn't going to help much but----"Been there, done that." Only it was my out of work son.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum