Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey, Bullfrog!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Hey, Bullfrog! Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

You haven't posted in a while now. Is everything okay? I'm not trying to be nosey but, when I don't see you on for a while, I worry that Vikki is not doing well. Is she okay?

2Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'm fine and so is Vicki, thanks for asking. Spring fever is it all right, been working in the yard and on the house. I also put a trolling motor on my kayak and it hauls butt. I can now get to my old flounder hole that I used to go to in my power boat, I never would try to paddle there because the ship traffic made it too dangerous but with the trolling motor I can zip there safely. I'm going again this morning, went last Friday and got these.

Hey, Bullfrog! 006-7

I sawed the shaft on the trolling motor and put a riser on it. I added a turnbuckle so I can steer it with ropes. The ropes have loops on the ends and they go on my feet. I took the speed control out of the head and mounted it right beside me up through the hull.

Hey, Bullfrog! Kayakmount020

A U Bolt with a drilled Clevis Pin welded on allows me to pull the trigger mechanism from the seat so I can raise the motor with both feet easily...

Hey, Bullfrog! Kayakmount023

I taped the wires to a cable so I could pull them up to the front of the kayak, the battery goes here...

Hey, Bullfrog! Kayakmount018

If you turned too far, the turnbuckle would get at a 90 degree angle, that is, in line with the kayak and bind up. The steering ropes needed to be spread out some, so I built a guide for the ropes that spread them out and added a mount for my other rods and net. I still steer it easily with my feet. I get a lot of compliment from the power boaters. They spent thousands on their rigs and I was out fishing all of them last week in a plastic boat..

Hey, Bullfrog! 002-10

3Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:42 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Wow! Nice catch, Bullfrog! I loved to stuff flounder and bake them! Glad to know y'all are both okay and you're just out loving life! Let us know if you catch a bunch today! Enjoy yourself!
ex[fishing]

4Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:23 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Oh, you are sooo lucky! Robert didn't even take me fishing before they stole his boat! I love to fish. He said I talk too much and scare the fish. Now really, how can talking scare the fish?

5Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

LOL... talking doesn't scare the fish. I've caught many with a powerboat zipping by.

Tomorrow they will announce the semifinalists on Amazon. 50 in the adult and 50 in the young adult competition. "Vengeance" as well as "The Tribe" were both improperly formatted. I got used to internet typing where I grouped things in small parts and skipped lines in between paragraphs. You don't do that in books so I finally finished the first and I'm editing the second now. Keep your fingers crossed for me for tomorrow.

6Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Sending out good vibes that you keep moving on in the contest!!

7Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

This kayak does boogie now. My paddle is now my "backup motor." Check it out...

Hey, Bullfrog! Th_kayakhaul001

It was rougher yesterday...

Hey, Bullfrog! Th_kayakhaul002

And here's the flounder, damn their good on the grill.

Hey, Bullfrog! Kayakhaul004

8Hey, Bullfrog! Empty Re: Hey, Bullfrog! Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Quite frankly, those flounder would look even better on MY grill...... ex[nod] Hey, Bullfrog! 265366

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum