Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is kinda gross but I'd never seen it happen before

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I went to feed my last remaining aquarium fish, the huge Plecostomus and I noticed a snail up at the top floating with something coming out of it. Next thing I knew all his insides came floating down to the bottom and landed on this leaf. I see there are many little snail eggs on the leaf also. I just never had witnessed a snails dead carcass coming out of his shell before and I found it interesting

zone 7
View user profile

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
JW, gross is a huge understatement! ex[ewww]

View user profile

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
Gross, but fascinating! Kewl!

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

rosebud

Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws
Hey, maybe snails die after they lay their eggs. Did your fish have escargo for dinner? ex[giggle]

View user profile

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Somebody did eat the carcass cuz it was gone this morning............either the Pleco fish ate him or the snails buddies did

zone 7
View user profile

Oldmarine

Minnow
Minnow
The plecos will eat anything left laying around thats dead. I have a friend that had a fifty gallon aquarium with a 12 inch pleco that ate bits of canned dog food. She would put small feeder gold fish in with him and they would disapear. Snails didn't last long either.

Happy ponding,

View user profile http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Well my Pleco is over 12" and I'm sure he prolly ate that dead carcass. He's all by his lonesome now that all the other fish have croaked off one by one. They all lived a long life and I was just waiting for them to pass away as I'm not getting anymore tropical's but who knows how long that Pleco can live. If he lives too long I will have to find a home for him cuz when Bill retires we aren't gonna stay home all the time just to take care of him,poor guy es[uhuh]

zone 7
View user profile

Bartender

Minnow
Minnow
JW, a lot of pet stores will actually buy them. At least around here they used to. Sometimes it was just to get those big boys like that!

View user profile http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Yes I have heard that Bartender and if I need to find a home for him I will check there and see what they say. I would hope he would get a good home where someone would have a nice big aquarium for him. Mine is 37 gals and I do have one that is 72 gals but it's empty right now. He's got plenty of room in the smaller one for now tho. ex[fish]

zone 7
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum