Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I don't think I told you but

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I don't think I told you but Empty I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 12:53 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

You may remember my oldest son Kevin, (Braeden's daddy) works for a religious organization here in Grand Rapids, called Radio Bible Class. They produce Christian books, devotionals (Our Daily Bread), and radio and TV programs. Kevin has been involved in many aspects of their radio and TV stuff for several years now. A while back he was the producer of a radio program called Walk in the Word but the organization opted to discontinue carrying that show and left Kevin having to fill in all over the place while not really having a set job or position, because he opted to not go to Chicago with WITW. Recently he was given the real title of assistant producer and editor of another radio program called Words to Live By. He said he'd been doing all the work anyway so they hung a title on him. No raise accompanied it but they have been so goooood to him financially during Braeden't illness, he would have felt guilty if they had offered it.

Oh and I don't know if I told you guys but RBC planted a tree outside the entrance where Kevin comes and goes. There is a bench there too. Today would have been Braeden's 5th birthday. I don't think there is aging in heaven so don't know if they had cake or not. I don't think I told you but InmemoryofBraedentree

2I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Sounds like a wonderful organization to work for, Esther. What better way to have loyal employees, than to treat them with love and respect, as you would your best friends. I'm sure the tree and bench are wonderful reminders to Kevin, not only of Braeden, but also of what a wonderful place to work. You know, like on those kinds of days where everything is "off", and nothing seems to be going your way. All he has to do is walk past that tree and bench, and I'll bet it brings it all back into perspective.

It sounds to me as though Kevin is living right, and reaping his "just rewards". You have every right to be a proud mama. ex[nod]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

3I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 9:42 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Smart Alec!!!

I put this same post on another forum and Dave said that if there are chickens in heaven then probably there'll be cake.

4I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Back in the late 60s the fetching Mrs. Mikey and I both knew a junior classmate (Steve) in our high school in Yucaipa, CA. Steve also attended the same church we attended. We lost track of Steve in the early 70s after we married and moved away.

A few years ago Steve found the fetching Mrs. Mikey on Classmates.com and they began corresponding. Steve was now living in Michigan. In the meantime I had met Esther on an Internet pond forum and a few years later we met in person at a spring fling get-together in North Carolina that was organized by folks on another pond forum.

The fetching Mrs. Mikey and I have supported the RBC Ministries for a number of years and we were surprised to learn that Steve now worked for them. I then learned that Esther's Kevin also worked at RBC Ministries in Michigan and Kevin and Steve knew each other. Is that ironic or what...

We and Steve have since joined Facebook and we keep in touch through that media. Every winter he wishes he was back in CA....

5I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 7:06 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

As Bullfrog would say, "What a world!". That's amazing!

6I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

And I'm glad I found a friend too.

By the way, this meaning of the dogwood was sent to me by a pagan lady on another forum back when I told them about the tree a year ago.

[i]There is a Christian legend of unknown origin that proclaims that the cross used to crucify Jesus was constructed of dogwood.[4] As the story goes, during the time of Jesus, the dogwood was larger and stronger than it is today and was the largest tree in the area of Jerusalem. After his crucifixion, Jesus changed the plant to its current form: he shortened it and twisted its branches to assure an end to its use for the construction of crosses. He also transformed its inflorescence into a representation of the crucifixion itself, with the four white bracts cross-shaped, which represent the four corners of the cross, each bearing a rusty indentation as of a nail and the red stamens of the flower, represents Jesus' crown of thorns, and the clustered red fruit represent his blood.[5]

7I don't think I told you but Empty Ministry Thu May 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Maybe this should be on the religious side. I received an email from my UMMM step niece I think she is...This remarriage stuff by my father so late in life sure complicates family relationships. Anyway she was asking for prayer for her granddaughter because her husband had been stabbed and died. I right away wondered if I could embroider something---you know, to try to help. Cards get pitched. Flowers die shortly and get pitched. Sometimes they aren't into plants and they become a pain to take care of. That night while banging around the embroidery sites, I stumbled across one where the lady has digitized over 150 scripture verses as a ministry and said they are free but suggested they be used as a ministry too. So I downloaded all of them----free you know!! They aren't just the words but most have a little flower, bird, butterfly and or frame of fancy stitches. I happened to have a pair of white pillowcases and got to thinking of how awful nights can be in her situation so made these for her. I don't think I told you but Jessic10

Last edited by Esther on Fri May 21, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

8I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Thu May 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I wonder if dogwoods even grow in the Mediterranean area, except perhaps in higher elevations. My climate here is the same as Israel and not a dogwood in sight.....

9I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

UM, How'd I get that pillowcase thing on this thread? LoL.

The Dogwoods we have around here grow in the wild. But they don't seem to get very large and are often at the edge of a woodsey area. I think they can't take the harsh weather very well of being out in the open.

10I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

UM, How'd I get that pillowcase thing on this thread? LoL.
Well since it's your thread, I figure you can go off topic if you like.... ex[nod]

11I don't think I told you but Empty Re: I don't think I told you but Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I started a new thread about the pillowcases.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum